Bb Bass 4th section Rochdale North Mancs area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andy Cooper, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Due to changes in circumstances Ive had to finish at Carrbrook but am looking for a new band, 4th section not too far to travel from Rochdale. Have played 2nd baritone ( and have my own) but thats over 2-3 years back now!! Please note I cannot reherse on Mondays and Wednesdays at all now.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rochdale North Mancs
    Bb Bass 4th
    Ive
    Rochdale
    Carrbrook
  3. Columbo

Columbo Member

I can recommend this guy. Great bandsman and good laugh. Very commited. Anything else Andy? No, seriously, an assett to any band. Thanks also Andy for all your support and constant loyalty at CB.

4. paulspud

paulspud Member

Hi Andy,

Why limit yourself to 4th Section?

Old Hall Brass are looking for a Bb bass player. Have a look at our website at www.oldhallbrass.co.uk for more details about the band. You can pm me, mail me on paul@oldhallbrass.com or give me a call on 07889 271291 if you want a chat.

Cheers

Paul

5. Tubamutha

Tubamutha Member

Hi Andy

Denton Brass practice on Mondays and Thursdays at Denton library - practice starts at 7.30pm. I know you cannot do Mondays but do fancy coming along for a blow on Thursday? We are in the conference room upstairs...........

A very friendly band, and we usually have a pint after band on a Thursday too!

Cheers!:eek:

6. littlebourgh are looking for a Bbb i think, i can put you in contact with there MD if ya intrested?

7. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

They reherse on Mondays - A bit of a no -no or me at the moment, cheers anyway Richard - still looking and quite prepared to travel a reasonable distance.

8. paulspud

paulspud Member

HI Andy,

Old Hall Brass are rehearsing tonight (Thursday) if you fancy a blow. Come down and have a look at us.

Give me a call if you want to come down, so we can sort out the pad.

Cheers

Paul

9. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Well a month after this post and still no band !! I presume its the not being able to attend Mondays and Wednesdays (the mortgage comes first!!) or is there really now a surfeit of Bb bass players?

10. Tubamutha

Tubamutha Member

Why don't you try coming along to ours on Thursday at Denton (see first reply). Or is it that you specifically want to go to two practices a week? We could do with a helping hand in the bass section - maybe some of your wisdom might rub off on us! We have Fleetwood and Pontins coming up too which you might enjoy?

11. samandy

samandy Member

Hi there

I'm not sure if we are too far from Rochdale for you, but Elland Silver Band have a BBb Bass Vacancy. We rehearse Mondays and Thursdays but you would be welcome to come along on a Thursday evening.

The band rehearse in Elland, West Yorkshire close to J24 of the M62 Motorway. Rehearsals are at 8.00pm. We have a spare instrument if needed which you would be welcome to play on.

Send me a pm if you fancy coming along, and I can provide directions.

Thanks

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Rochdale North Mancs
    Bb Bass 4th
    Ive
    Rochdale
    Carrbrook
  13. paulspud

paulspud Member

Old Hall Brass still looking for a Bb bass player. We are preparing for Fleetwood and Wilkinsons at the moment, with a busy concert schedule as well. Visit us at www.oldhallbrass.co.uk. While we rehearse Mondays, you are welcome to come down on Thursdays.. Please feel free to pm me or give me a call on 07889 271291 if you want any more info.

Regards

Paul

Last edited: Sep 8, 2009
  14. maisie and her horn

maisie and her horn New Member

Good luck with your search Andy - let me know where you end up! Top bloke!!!! :p