Bb Bass - 4th section NW

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andy Cooper, Aug 28, 2008.

1. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

After a bit of a summer sabbatical and a chance to take stock of what Im up to, i want to get back banding - looking for a seat on Bb bass, but not to demanding and relatively hassle free due to as well as doing the day job, I'm also doing a degree course!!

Live in Rochdale, have transport but need to take fuel costs into account as far as distance is concerned!!

2. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Coppull & Standish have a BBb bass vacancy and you'd be more than welcome. We've got some interesting stuff coming up including a CD (next weekend - gulp!), Pontins, Bolsover entertainment contest and a variety of concerts including one with a local choir. Good social side too, most of the band will be in Harrogate on the lash for the finals weekend.

If you want to come over for a blow, just let me know. :D

3. MattB

MattB Member

Hi Andy,

I know Littleborough are on the look out for a BBb bass player, nice and local too! PM me if you want to get in touch with them.

All the best,

Matt.

4. kajoh8

kajoh8 New Member

Would you be interested in EEb??? Uppermil Band are looking for an EEb player to cover for our current player who has to spend a lot of time out of the country on business. We are a friendly 4th Section Band promoted to 3rd Section from January 2009. Please PM me or contact the Band on www.uppermillband.com

5. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

6. TheConductor

TheConductor New Member

Bb Bass Position

Hi Andy - We at Old Hall Brass are looking for a Bb Bass player to complete our line-up for the new season - We are a good 2nd section band with not too much in the way of commitments with regard to jobs. We only do high class jobs and contests. To come down and have a look at us contact us via our website www.oldhallbrass.co.uk

Cheers

T. Halliwell M.d

7. Boarshurst

Boarshurst Member

8. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

I had a few replies on this but due to some unforseen problems wasnt able to take any up. However thats all sorted out now, and I want to get back as soon as poss now. Still only looking for a 4th section seat and relatively close to Rochdale!!

9. WOODHEAD

WOODHEAD Member

Bb Vancancy

Hi Andy
    I am Adrian the MD of Littleborough Band. We have a vacancy on Bb bass. We have a good team spirit at Littleborough as well as some very talented musicians.
    We start our rehearsals again this coming Thursday at 7:45pm, then we are back to Monday & Thursday rehearsals.
    All i can say is come down for a rehearsal and judge for yourself.

Thank you
    Adrian

10. Band_Beefcake

Band_Beefcake Member

Hi Andy,

I am MD of Besses Boys Band, we are a 4th section band in the North West region. We rehearse in Whitefield just off junction 17 of the M60 so not too far from Rochdale. We have a vacancy for Bb Bass if you are interested? We rehearse on Mondays and Fridays 7.15-9.15. We have an exciting year ahead, if you're interested you can contact me on jholt963@btinternet.com or via tmp.
    We start back tomorrow 5th Jan, you are more than welcome to come down for a blow to see what you think?

Cheers

James

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    NW
    Bb Bass - 4th
    Im
    Bb
    Rochdale
  12. carolsteph

carolsteph New Member

Hello Andy

You are welcome to come and have a look at us - Friendly Band (Sowerby Bridge). We're not too far away from Rochdale and we can certainly offer you boozing and blowing buddies. Rehearsals Tuesday and Friday from 8 until 10. Give me a call if you want directions - Carol, 07774 741449
    Look forward to meeting you!

13. statto81

statto81 New Member

Hi Andy

Carrbrook Brass are looking for a Bb bass player. We are going to Preston and Blackpool contests and have some exciting concerts to look forward to.

We are based in Stalybridge, just 10 mins from J23 of the M60.

We also have an excellent new MD, and would give you a warm welcome any time.

If you want any further information please either PM me or email Trevor Jones on trev.bb@homecall.co.uk or call 0161 303 0316

Good luck with your search for a new band.

14. Columbo

Columbo Member

Hi Andy. I know my Principle Cornet player has also contacted you (Carrbrook Brass Band), however I thought I'd give you a quick reply. He's correct when he says we have exciting times ahead. I also Live in Rochdale and look forward to travelling to every rehearsal. Takes about 20 mins on a good run. The atmosphere is great and the band improves with every rehearsal. We have begun to practice the Area Test piece and everyone is up for it! I would very much welcome you down to complete our lineup. I'm sure you would enjoy it. Feel free to give me a call anytime on 07796 841315 or mail me at jmsbrass@hotmail.com. Cheers.

Jason M Smith
    MD (Carrbrook Brass Band)