Bauhaus Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by mictop, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mictop

mictop New Member

Having just gone back on to Bass Trombone after a few years of playing Tenor I am in the market for a new or secondhand bass Trom. Looking around the internet I have seen a Bauhaus Bass Trombone for under £1000. has anybody got any experience of these instruments or is it worth waiting for something second hand at the same price to come up?

2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Chinese, I think? I'd want to try before buying. Spending £1000 on something that is either worthless now or becomes worthless when it first needs repairing is not an economical use of cash. It might be good and long-lasting though, you never know... I'd personally probably save up another £500 or so and invest in a second-hand known quality instrument.

3. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

A year or so back a mate of mine paid something like £1300 for a TR181 Holton with a pretty decent condition slide, smooth valves and no massive dents. Lacquer was slightly tatty and the case was pretty scuffed up - but that was about it.

Dave'll be better placed than me to say whether that was a good deal or not, just thought I'd throw it out there because it was close to your price bracket....

4. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

I've got a Holton TR181 Bass trombone for sale, currently listed on ebay if you're interested. I will accept £1100 for it. There are photos of it on there.

5. mictop

mictop New Member

Thanks for that I have got a chance of a Yamaha YB613H but if it falls through then I will take it from there (like buses two come along at once!!)