Bauhaus Bass Trombone

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by mictop, Oct 13, 2011.

1. mictop

mictop New Member

Having just gone back on to Bass Trombone after a few years of playing Tenor I am in the market for a new or secondhand bass Trom. Looking around the internet I have seen a Bauhaus Bass Trombone for under £1000. has anybody got any experience of these instruments or is it worth waiting for something second hand at the same price to come up?

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bass Trombone
    bass
    Trom
    hand
    something
  3. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Chinese, I think? I'd want to try before buying. Spending £1000 on something that is either worthless now or becomes worthless when it first needs repairing is not an economical use of cash. It might be good and long-lasting though, you never know... I'd personally probably save up another £500 or so and invest in a second-hand known quality instrument.

4. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

A year or so back a mate of mine paid something like £1300 for a TR181 Holton with a pretty decent condition slide, smooth valves and no massive dents. Lacquer was slightly tatty and the case was pretty scuffed up - but that was about it.

Dave'll be better placed than me to say whether that was a good deal or not, just thought I'd throw it out there because it was close to your price bracket....

5. Basstiger

Basstiger Member

I've got a Holton TR181 Bass trombone for sale, currently listed on ebay if you're interested. I will accept £1100 for it. There are photos of it on there.

6. mictop

mictop New Member

Thanks for that I have got a chance of a Yamaha YB613H but if it falls through then I will take it from there (like buses two come along at once!!)