Battle of the Bands 2010 Chesterfield

Discussion in 'The Adjudicators' Comments' started by IJK, Jan 29, 2010.

1. IJK

IJK Member

This year Ireland Colliery Chesterfield band will be holding its Battle of the bands contest in Staveley near Chesterfield on Sunday 27th June

It is a 25 minute a band entertainment contest and is opened to 3rd/4th and unregistered bands.

If you would like an invite then please email me at

ijknapton@hotmail.com

and will send all the rules out for you

the prize money is looking like

£400 for 1st
    £200 for 2nd
    £100 for 3rd

But this will be confirmed in the next couple of weeks

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Di B
    Diane
    Pleasleys
  3. IJK

IJK Member

We are also having a training band section with a prize of £100 for the winning band

If you have a training band and would like to know more then please contact us

www.freewebs.com/iccbb

4. IJK

IJK Member

These are the Rules for the 3rd/4th and unregistered bands

Ireland Colliery Band & Staveley Town Council
    Battle of the Bands Entertainment Contest
    Open to 3rd to 4th Section and Un-Registered bands

Contest Rules

Individual bands own choice entertainment programme of no more than 25 minutes including your compere. Each band, at the adjudicator’s discretion, may be penalised 5 points for every 2 minutes they go over this time limit. Each band must include 1 solo item and provide their own Compere.

The band will be timed from the first note played to the last note played including your Compere

Registered contest with up to 25 brass players plus a maximum of 5 percussion players. Registration cards will be required on the day. Each band is allowed to borrow up to 5 players to fill vacant seats. these must be from no higher than 3rd section bands.

The contest will be pre-drawn on Friday 11th June and participating bands will be informed by email.

The bands programme and percussion layout is to be forwarded to the contest committee no later than the 18th June 2010. Music scores for the adjudicator should be brought on the day and should be handed to the contest controller on arrival.

One band official is needed to represent their band and act as adjudicator for the Bands Award Prize. This official will be needed at the contest venue 30 minutes before the start of the contest. (They do not vote on their own bands performance)

There will be 3 adjudicators,
    1 in open adjudication for music, determining places 1 to 3 and best Soloist.

1 in open adjudication for entertainment and 1 for deportment,
    The Entertainment judge will be marking out of 25
    • Musical Choice
    • Entertainment
    The Deportment judge will be marking out of 25
    • Deportment on and off stage
    • Stage presence
    Both the Entertainment and Deportment marks will be totalled to determine the winner of the Entertainment and Deportment Trophy

A licensed bar is open on the day of the contest; the consumption of alcohol brought into the event by individuals is prohibited.

Prizes
    1st Place – trophy + £400
    2nd Place – trophy + £200
    3rd Place – trophy + £100
    Best Soloist – trophy
    Bands Award – trophy
    Entertainment & Deportment – trophy

If you have any questions regarding the rules please contact the contest committee, via the
    ICCB band secretary

5. IJK

IJK Member

Here are ther Rules for the Training band section

Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band & Staveley Town Council’s
    Junior Battle of the Bands Entertainment Contest
    For Un-Registered Training / School Bands

Contest Rules

Individual bands own choice entertainment programme of no more than 15 minutes which must include at least 1 stand up soloist.

Entry Fee £25 per band, all cheques to be made payable to Ireland Colliery Chesterfield Band.

There will be no limit to the number of players in each band competing, but these players must be un-registered. Borrowed players must not be used as soloists.

Each band may have a maximum of 5 borrowed players from 3rd or 4th section bands. Borrowed Players must provide a letter of consent from the players own band, with the players registration number and registration card.
    The contest will be under open adjudication.

The contest will be pre-drawn on Friday 11th June and participating bands will be informed by email.

Percussion is supplied by the ICCB, a list will be sent to each band of items provided. Percussionists should provide all beaters, sticks etc.

The bands programme and percussion layout is to be forwarded to the contest committee no later than the 18th June 2010.

Music scores for the adjudicator should be brought on the day and should be handed to the contest controller on arrival.

Results will be announced at the end of the contest.

Prizes
    1st Place – trophy + £100
    Best Soloist – trophy

If you have any questions regarding the rules please contact the contest committee, via the
    ICCB band secretary

6. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

I am taking both my bands :clap:

7. IJK

IJK Member

All entry forms have been sent out to all midland and yorkshire 3rd and 4th section bands. If you are from a differnet area and wish to enter then please contact us.

at

www.freewebs.com/iccbb

8. IJK

IJK Member

We have had a good number of entries so far but there is still room for more. If you would like more details then please visit our face book page of website.

The adjudicator this year will be Ian Brownbill

9. tromwinst

tromwinst Member

Who has entered so far?

10. IJK

IJK Member

Full list of bands will be posted in the next week or two.

11. IJK

IJK Member

The closing date for this contest is Saturday 22nd May

so far we have

2 training bands for the training band section and then we have 5 bands for the main contest which is open to 3rd and 4th section bands only.

And there is 3 4th section bands and 2 3rd section bands so far.

This is a great relaxed entertainment contest with great prize money so if you want your band to enter then please contact me.

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Di B
    Diane
    Pleasleys
  13. IJK

IJK Member

If you haven't already and would like to enter this entertainment contest then please contact us

we have a good number of entries so far but we can take more.

The prize money is fantastic for a contest run by a band with the support of Staveley Council

14. IJK

IJK Member

The 4th Battle of the bands contest will be held next Sunday 27th June at the Speedwell Rooms Staveley Chesterfield.

Sadly this year the numbers are low due to late withdraws but the contest is going a head and the prize money stays the same for both sections.

The contest will start at 11.30am with the unregistered section which this year there is only one band in it due to a withdraw and that is

Long Eaton Training Band

Then at 12 pm the main contest begins with four bands entered in the 3rd/4th section contest. Each band will perform a 25 minute entertainment program which will include a solo item.

The bands in order of play are

12pm Long Eaton Price Silver Prize Band

12.40pm Newhall Band

1.20pm Dronfield CMW Band

2pm Pleasley Colliery Welfare Band

The adjudicator will be Iain Brownbill for both sections.

There is a full licenced bar and food avaibale all day and also a raffle with some great prizes which include

A George Forman family Grill
    Digital cordless phone
    4 cinema tickets

And many more prizes.

So why not come down and listen to 5 great bands on Sunday 27th June at the Speedwell Rooms Staveley Chesterfield Derbyshire

15. IJK

IJK Member

The contest is still going ahead this Sunday and will be all done by the time England play Germany so why dont you come down and listen to 5 great performances

16. satchmo shaz

we are all looking forward to it, especially my training band:p

17. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

First time for me and I think Dronfield at this contest. Excellent facilities and exceptional friendly and well run contest. What a pity more bands couldnt have been there though a certain football match might have had a bit to do with that :(.

Well done to Ian Knapton and all the ICCB members. Oh and the band did quite well too :clap: a few more pounds in the bank and some more trophies for the display cabinet.

18. satchmo shaz

yes well done Ian, a great day for all bands I think, my 2 bands are well chuffed:clap::p

19. IJK

IJK Member

Full Results of the 4th Battle of the bands contest

3rd and 4th section section

1. Dronfield CMW Band (John Davis) Trophy and £400
    2. Long Eaton (Sharon Stansfield) Trophy and £200
    3. Newhall Band (Kevin Holdgate) Trophy and £100

Deportment and Entertainment prize - Dronfield

Bands Rep Prize - Dronfield

Best Soloist - Melissa Ramplin Flugel Long Eaton

Training band section

1. Long Eaton Training band - Trophy and £100

soloist prize - Robert Burrows 11yrs old

A great day by all just a shame about number of bands and also shame about the result in the football.

20. IJK

IJK Member

Programmes for Bands

Long Eaton Training Band

Look into the Future
    Bless this House - Soloist Robert Burrows
    The Fleets in Port again
    All in the April Evening
    Instant concert

Long Eaton Main Band

Fest Musik Der Stadt Wien
    Pavane
    Children of Sanches Soloist Melissa Ramplin
    Me and My Shadow Soloists Carl and Emma Ramplin
    Farandole

Newhall Band

Emblem of Freedom
    The Nearness of You Soloist Claire Smith
    Chattanooga Choo Choo
    On My Own Vocal Soloist Abby
    Ein Musikalischer Spass
    Finale from Symphony No 9

Dronfield

March Praise
    This is my Story Soloist Adrian Wood
    In the Woods
    Alexanders Ragtime Band
    Procession to Cathedral

21. Nice Horn!

Nice Horn! Member

I agree with that well done also to the members of Ireland Colliery Band for all their help - especially providing us with forgotten sticks, a really well run contest and all stewards were really helpful and very friendly - thank you:clap:

22. Di B

Di B Member

Thanks or posting the programmes. Do you have Pleasleys as well or did they withdraw? Just interesting to read.

Well done to Melissa as well - heard the solo a couple of weeks ago and thought it was an interesting choice :)