BASS TRUMPET WANTED!!!

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by JonP, Nov 24, 2003.

1. JonP

JonP Member

If anyone has a bass trumpet for sale please let me know. If you know where there is one please let me know.

Im looking for either a cheap piston valve Getzen or conn or a German Rotary valve instrument like a Melton, Meinl Weston, Alexander or anything like that.

Thanks. :D :shock: :shock:

2. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Hello Mr Pippen - not sure if you remember me - I was the Bass Trom at the NYBB with the battered Bach with the patch on the bell?

By the by, I think I spoke to someone of your acquaintance the other day - Rhydian Griffiths?

Anyway, I thought I'd also register my desire to purchase a Bass Trumpet - only a cheap one though; it's hardly urgent.

Dave

3. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

I'm not sure how much help this is going to be :?

One of the trade stands at Leicester contest last w/end had a bass trumpet, but I can't remember who they were!! It may be worth getting names etc from the contest orgfanisers though - Pam Green, 01530 810221; email: gelizabethr@hotmail.com

FWIW, I had to play the bass trumpet part in Rite of spring a few years ago, and endied up transposing it and playing on a valve trombone because we couldn't get hold of one - it worked pretty well.

Good luck!!

4. Dawnys_flug

Dawnys_flug Member

Not sure if you've sorted anything out but if not there's a bass trumpet on ebay at the moment. Has about 2 days left. It's in america, Item number: 2371285284.
    Not sure if it's what you're after but it's pretty cheap!! which is always nice!! And coz they're quite hard to come by I thought it was worth letting you know, just incase you haven't already found one!!
    Hope this helps! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice