Bass Tromone Required - West London

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by WhatSharp?, Oct 10, 2004.

1. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Yiewsley & West Drayton brass band (2nd Section) are currently seeking a Bass tombone for concert and contest comittments (contests include Butlins Mineworkers & L&SC Regionals).

PM me or email
  2. HBB

HBB Active Member

Note, that a good result this year could result in a Promotion to the 1st section also.
  3. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

If you're a bass trombonist and in the vicinity, I can't recommend them highly enough. Fabulous bunch of people, and an MD (Chris Cole) who's totally on the ball and has taken them from the depths of the fourth section to within a shout of the first. A band on the up without a doubt.
  4. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Thanks for the endorsement Dave (cheques in the post ;) ) and many thanks for your help and support this year. West (and indeed south and central) London won't be the same without you!.
  5. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

'Cheque in the post' Sorry, I'm a bit dyslexic today, I thought that read 'poke in the chest!' ;-) Only too glad to be of service!

So wot did Roy Roe's remarks have to say about us, then?
  6. Dave Payn

Dave Payn Active Member

So when are you going onto to the solo horn chair then, Bunny?
  7. WhatSharp?

WhatSharp? Active Member

Not too shabby. He seemed to enjoy it, I especially liked his comment "Sop not happy" in the second movement :D too bloomin right I wasn't :D

I'd say he was pretty spot on, just a shame he couldn't be more "tactful" from the stage (but thats another thread). I'll see if I can get the text of it and send it too you.