Bass Trombonist looking for band in Holmfirth area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by BellEnd, Feb 4, 2009.

1. BellEnd

BellEnd New Member

Looking for a blow in the Huddersfield / Holmfirth area, willing to travel up to may be half an hour or so.

Used to be a pro tenor player and have taken up playing again after a 14 year break and this time fancied the bass trombone.

Have been practicing at home for a while now and need to get out more :biggrin:

Thanks for looking

2. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service Band

We are a concert band and rehearse mondays (19:30 to 22:00) near to bradford (junct 26 M62) and are currently recruiting trombone players.
    We would love you to come along for a blow and see if you like us.
    If you want to know more about us then we have a couple of adverts on here (search for WYFRS band) and please visit our website at
    Hope to see you and give me a shout if any questions

3. Bass Trom wanted!

Hebden Bridge Band are looking for a bass trombone. We rehearse Sun And Wed evenings and some of our members travel from the Huddersfield area so a lift could probably be arranged. PM me if you'd liken to know any more details, or visit
  4. Columbo

Columbo Member

Hebden Bridge are a good option for you! Great atmosphere and ever improving. Inspirational conductor and not a million miles away from you! Good luck in your search, but try these first!
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2009
  5. BrotherBone

BrotherBone Member

Hi mate,
    Wire Brass - North West Championship Section need a bass trom player, I know its a little further afield but feel free to get in touch if you fancy a blow to see what you think.
    The bands website with contact details is -

Good luck whichever band you go to! =)
  6. tuba1974

tuba1974 Member

Hello, we are looking for a bass trombone player,
    15 mins from m62 at milnrow,
    have a look at the web site see what you think