Bass Trombone Solos

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by BassTromBeast, Oct 9, 2003.

1. BassTromBeast

BassTromBeast New Member

Not that I'm searching for any kind of personal glory (even though I am a trombone player!) but I just want to find some decent solos for bass trombone. By that I mean stuff that takes more skill to play rather than a demostration of raspberry noises. Anyone know of any such solos? If so, list them on here and then all those other non-glory seeking bass trombone players can look too. :)
  2. Kerwintootle

Kerwintootle Member

Hi there,

Simon Kerwin (my husband) has arranged Allegro and Finale by Eugene Bozza for bass trom and brass band.

For more details contact: Alternatively, send me a personal message.

Good luck,

3. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

4. Janet Watkins

Janet Watkins Member

How about Introduction and Burlesque by Robert Eaves aka Edward Gregson!

Published by R Smith.

5. Lothianh

Lothianh Member

Linda Yeo (his daughter) is the bass trombonist with the Prairie Brass Band and performed "Rainy Day in Rio" from the Proclamation CD with us in a couple of concerts last year. It was a very enjoyable number and was very well received by the audience.

We are also currently preparing to feature Linda on another tune, "Mr. Nice Guy", at our upcoming concerts.

6. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

a classic!

but not the hardest of pieces though.
  7. Moy

Moy Active Member

Hi Alex - hope you are both well...been into the site. Tell Simon he needs to do some horn solos...................please.
    Really enjoyed the concert in Aboyne - Deeside.
  8. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

i did hear a really good bass trombone solo once but i can't remember the name. It was variations on an old sailing song - captain pugwash or something probably, but it was really good, and very technical. Silly things like 3 octave leaps all over the place. The guy that was playing it was bass trom for the european youth orchestra so he was a bit good!
  9. beard_4b

beard_4b Member

don't even think about golden slippers!!!!!!!! :wink:
  10. Maestro

Maestro Active Member

Exactly!!! you will need something that will challenge you a little at least :lol: :lol: :roll: :roll:
  11. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

Was it Barnacle Bill, the Sailor?

At the mo I am working on Proclomation.

Looks easy enough at first look, but there is more to it that meets the eye.

One day, (when it is up to standard) I may even play it with the band...... maybe! :twisted:
  13. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

could have been... think it was actually. I looked at the solo part for about 5 minutes before i started to feel dizzy!
  14. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member