Bass trombone player looking for new band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by andybt1984, Jul 9, 2008.

1. andybt1984

andybt1984 Member

Hi
    I'm looking for a new band to play for in the North West or West Yorkshire. I'm looking for a band 3rd section or higher as I'm looking to futher my playing.

2. Trumpet Major

Trumpet Major Member

You Would be made very welcome indeed

Hi There
    Great to see you are looking for a band.
    We are in west yorkshire and are one of only Three fire service bands in the UK and therefore hold a great position. In addition, you may enjoy the challenge of playing with a concert band.
    So, I have included below one of our more recent adverts.
    We have an immediate vacancy for a bass trombone player and as the title says, you would indeed be made very welcome.

In addition to our current vacancies for a trombone player and an eflat bass player, The Band of The West Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service (www.wyfrsband.com) based just outside Leeds/Bradford in Birkenshaw currently have a vacancy for a tutti cornet player

We are a concert band with full sections throughout the band, superb attendance and commitment to rehearsals and concerts and we have a full year of concerts ahead.

As a service type band, we also do some ceremonial work which may be of interest you as something a little different.

Last year we undertook a tour of Ypres where we took the main part in the remembrance ceremonies at the Menin Gate. This was a fantastic tour both socially and musically and gave the band a chance to take part in this very important ceremony.

This year, we had a 4 day Poland visit where we visited Lubartow, hosted by the fire service band over there. This was a throughly entertaining tour both musically and socially.
    Currently, we are in the process of forming a dance band as well already having established brass and woodwind quintets so the opportunities to expand your musical horizons are limitless really.

We have recently recorded a new CD and have plans to record a further one this year.

Socially, we attend the pub after rehearsals of course and also have a number of social functions throughout the year.The band never need an excuse to party but every month seems to bring a birthday and a party and its all good fun.

The band is happy to encourage and welcome back those who may be getting back into playing.
    Anyone is of course welcome to come along for a blow and have a look at us. If you want to have a listen, then please go to our website and follow the links to the band CD and you can listen to excerpts. You can even buy a CD there !

If anyone requires any further information, please feel free to PM me, call me on 07972 403802 or email me at thebandsgt@aol.com
    Otherwise, please take a look at our website www.wyfrsband.com

Any other players also most welcome!

We look forward to hearing from you

Louise
    www.wyfrsband.com
    www.trumpetmajor.com

3. tat

tat Member

You are welcome to come back to us andy, changed rehearsals down to just Thursdays from this week through to september.

4. fogarty

fogarty New Member

Hi Andy
    This is Wayne Matthews from Stalybridge band we are currently seeking a bass trombone player and you would be made more than welcome. The band are currently 2nd Section but come down to 3rd in January. We will be striving to go straight back up again. Rehearsal nights are Monday and Wednesday with musical director Geoff Lewis. We have recently signed 4 new members and look forward to hearing from you if you are interested. Mobile No. if requirred 07725112653.