Bass Trombone needs a home (Manchester)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by swarr, Jan 7, 2009.

1. swarr

swarr New Member

Hi, I'm looking for a friendly BBand in the Manchester area that needs a Bass Trombone.
    I currently reside in Didsbury, but I'm happy to travel.
    I'm a wee bit out of practice, but that's my new year’s resolution. Previously played with all ladies trombone section, but I am prepared to sit next to boys.
    Would love to hear form any bands with vacancies!
  2. George Laycock

George Laycock New Member

Wire Brass, (Championship Section) are looking for a bass trom and can be contacted via their web site at

Hope it works out for you.

George L.
  3. Hi,

Eccles Borough Band currently require a Bass Trombone player.

We are not too far from Disbury, located about 8 miles from Disbury and about 4 miles West of Central Manchester

Rehearsal nights are Tuesday & Thursday 8-10pm at Eccles in our own bandroom.

If you are interested, please either message me through here, contact our MD Les on 07740 864676 or our secretary Val Davies on 0161 865 1599 or 07747116158

More information about us can be found on our website

Graham Ebbrell
  4. lilcornetgirl

lilcornetgirl Member

Hiya Tintwistle Band are looking for a Bass trombone player. Very friendly bunch. We rehearse monday and thursdays 8-10 check out the web page. if you want any more info you can pm me or you can ring Bill Emery 07868345448.

Donna Emery
  5. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

Denton Brass are looking for a Bass trom at the moment, we are a very friendly 4th section band very close to the motorway network. We are just entering our 150th anniversary year and have a very exciting year ahead under our new conductor Mr Graham Smith, you can see more details of our band at
  6. coldrum

coldrum New Member

Don't know whether your sorted with a band as yet, but if not you could try Frobsham Silver Band. Just off the M56, probably about 30mins from Didsbury.

If you want a championship band, then it's not for you, as they stopped 'contesting' a few years back (even though they are good enough to start again). However, if you want a very friendly band, where the accent at rehearsals is on a relaxed social evening, then it's right up your street.

They welcome any age / ability / instrument, e.g. one of their trombone players has just passed his grade 8, whilst another is just starting out.

Don't get the impression that they're no good. They are an excellent band, and get rave reviews from every concert they play at. They focus on entertaining the audience, with the focal point being their MD, who always involves the audience in the performance.

The band rehearse from 8pm on Monday and Tuesday (main rehearsal) evenings, at the band hall in Greenfield Lane, Frodsham (road by the side of the Bears Paw!).

Feel free to just turn up, or if you want to contact someone first, either PM me, or contact their MD (Norman Denaro) on 01928 712048

As a final point, if you fancy a brass & woodwind band, trying to resurrect itself, they rehearse in the same place on Thursday evenings (same MD).

If I don't hear from you, best of luck with your search & future playing.

7. coldrum

coldrum New Member

Sorry for the misspelling - it's Frodsham, not Frobsham!!!
  8. Columbo

Columbo Member

I know Hebden Bridge are looking. They are a great 1st section band with ambition and extremely friendly!
  9. Frontman

Frontman Member

I am well aware that the Whitworth Band, M.D. John Binns, are looking for a Bass trombone to complete the line up for the Areas. Dave Tattersall. (tatt on tmp) is the man to contact. You will enjoy playing with them I can assure you. Not only is the rehearsals good crack with John, but also the after rehearsal drink has always got an amusing angle!!!!! Enjoy banding and get to Whitworth.
  10. eupho1

eupho1 Member

hi there, stockport silver are always happy to take new players, really friendly mixed band 50/50 m/f give me a call if u like, steve 07742562035
  11. musicmaker

musicmaker Member

If you fancy a change from Brass to Wind band have a look at