Bass trombone mouthpiece question

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Brian Kelly, Mar 25, 2006.

1. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

This is very anoraky, but here goes.

Since January, I have been using a Black^ Hill 1-0G mouthpiece, which I bought in New York in 1994. It also has a number "2" on the shank. It is a one-piece mouthpiece with no interchangable parts.

Does anyone know anything about these mouthpieces? Is it the same as a current model Greg Black 1G mouthpiece?

I tried looking on the internet, but the only references I could find to Black Hill mouthpieces were for trumpet mouthpieces.

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bass
    Greg Black 1G
    Black^ Hill 1
    Black Hill
    New York
  3. Space Cowboy

Space Cowboy Member

That is anoraky, I thought most bass trombonists got their mouthpiece from B&Q

4. Daniel Sheard

Daniel Sheard Member

Brian, I suggest you ask this question over on the OTJ - forum.trombone.org There's bound to be someone there who knows.

Daniel

5. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

I don't know too much about this subject, but I do know that a lot of Bass trombone players are tending to move away from the 'bigger is better' attitude that prevailed for a while. A lot of players are using Bach 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 G mouthpieces or even as 'small' as a 2G. A lot of players are also moving to slightly smaller instruments; Conns instead of Edwards, so they don't have to work so hard to blend with tenor players.

Hope you find one that suits.

6. lewis

lewis Member

Duncan's absolutley right. I've seen a couple of those mouthpieces before and from what I can remember the 2 on the shank means is it quite like a bach 1 1/2. That's all I can remember sorry.

7. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

Thanks for your help, everyone.