Bass/Trombone/Conductor, North East England,Champ

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by bigcol, Jun 20, 2004.

1. bigcol

bigcol Member

Colin Harris - colin@vauxhall-senator.com

Bass player (Eb or BBb) and Bass Trombone to championship section standard.

Able to play tenor trombone to a lower standard (2nd/3rd/4th section).

Also experienced conductor (any level).

Not currently with any band - previously Five Rivers Brass, Gateshead Brass. Will therefore probably need instrument :)

Willing to travel anywhere in the North East - have car but expenses nice if outside the Tyne & Wear area.

2. StickItch1701

StickItch1701 New Member

I heard that you were a good Bb bass player,but who have you played Bass Tombone for up to Championship Standard :?

It's a bit different to the Bb Bass and you need to have a good Bass Trombone sound!!! :D

3. bigcol

bigcol Member

I've done all three to Championship section level - I'm best at Eb bass, and BBb and Bass Trombone are a step either side. If I hadn't, I wouldn't have put it (or advertised a lower level of competence, like the tenor trombone slot). Playing Bass Chainsaw does require a good sound - and the ability to use a slide. Something else you don't get to do on a BBb bass.

Anyway - who upset you? :lol:

4. StickItch1701

StickItch1701 New Member

Nobobys upset me. 8)

You've still not answered by question! Who have you played Bass Trombone for at Championship Level???

I may be a Secretary looking for a player and obvioulsy I need to know who you've played for because there are folk out there that will just say that they can play G Trom upto Championship level?

5. bigcol

bigcol Member

The last time I played BT in the top section was for Greggs Bakery a few years back. I've played for various other as well both up here and in Manchester. I also studied the beast succesfully at university (along with tuba).

I didn't know that by posting a message on this thing, you had to go through an interogation. I thought it was just somewhere where you could offer in the best of spirits to help out any bands who maybe short.

6. dave jake

dave jake Member

You tell him Colin he he :lol: :lol:

7. bigcol

bigcol Member

Will do, Dave. And here's me being nice! I was good enough to dep for you and there's no bigger shoes to fill than yours Dave.

8. bigcol

bigcol Member

Just thought I'd update my post:

Bass player (Eb or BBb) and Bass Trombone to championship section standard.

Able to play tenor trombone to a lower standard (2nd/3rd/4th section).

Also experienced conductor (any level).

Currently MD - Five Rivers Brass.

Willing to travel anywhere in the North East - have car but expenses nice if outside the Tyne & Wear area.

Email: colin@vauxhall-senator.com
    MSN: a_bigcol@hotmail.com