Bass Trombone Advice!

Discussion in 'Deputies Wanted' started by Candace, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Candace

Candace New Member

I'm not actually a trombone player.... However, my fiancé is an insanely talented bass trombone player. He's been playing well over a decade and received his degree at UTA in Texas and now holds his Masters degree through the University of Michigan! Go Blue!!

Anyway! Since I'm not as familiar as I'd like to be when it comes to knowing of great, iconic bass trombone or low brass musicians I was wondering if anyone could supply me with some ideas! He also loves the Chicago Symphony and Joe Alessi. But he also enjoys a lot of brass jazz music. Maybe NOLA styles? And Harry Comick Jr is also included in his eclectic variety of music.
    I just want to surprise him with some CDs, possible concerts, and show him how much I really do love his career and hopefully impress him with some new materials he may not be as familiar with or if he is familiar with it then it will give us a chance to experience it together!!

A couple names of musicians, bands or even songs would make me so grateful!!

2. Slider1

Slider1 Active Member

"I Only Have Eyes For You" by Harry Warren/ Al Dubin arr: Alan Fernie. Published by Obrasso-Verlag AG, CH-4537 WIEDLISBACH, Switzerland. Should be a good start songwise.

3. Andrew Norman

Andrew Norman Active Member

Vegasbound likes this.