Bass Recorder

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by yonhee, Oct 3, 2005.

1. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

Hi, I've got a friend looking for a second hand bass recorder so if any of you have one that you would like to get rid of please could you let me know on here or in a PM, cheers:tup

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Bass Recorder Hi
    hand bass recorder
    PM
    cheers
    tup
  3. Laserbeam bass

Laserbeam bass Active Member

Good luck, they will probably be as hard to find as rocking horse poo.

Seriously though, I don't have one, and would think that the only way to find one, would be to contact a local music authority, and see if they are having a clear out of instruments. I know that the Newham of Academy of Music, still runs ensembles for the recorder, and may have some spares. See NAM for contact details. Only problem is that they are in London.

Alternatively, there is a website in the US that sell brand new ones. This would depend on your friends budget. They are priced between $245 and $269. This converts to approx £140 to £151. You would also need to apply an additional 16% for the import tax.

They can be found here.

4. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

5. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

cheers Ill give her the links and she can see if she likes them. I havnt got a clue on how much shes gonna spend.

6. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Aargh I just chucked out two when we moved to our new building at work! No-one had played them so Mr Skip took then off my hands because we were struggling for storage space!! Soreeeeeee!!

7. yonhee

yonhee Active Member

hehe. Sods law though int it.

8. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

As it happens ive got two of these! Not for sale though, unfortunately!

First one is lovely, and v expensive. Donated to me by a local music shop, as the handle on the case was broken!!!!! :D
    I have another old one, but am missing the 'crook' that goes in the top, can still be played though in a conventional recorder style (but you have to have arms 10 feet long)
    A few years ago I bought my wife (a recorder nutter!) a lovely (and v v v expensive) treble and descant recorder from the 'period music shop' based underneath Schotts in Gt Marlborough Street, wonder if its still there? (the shop, that is!)