Bass Players That Practice

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by iancwilx, Apr 19, 2004.

1. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

All 4 of our Bass players take home their instruments after every rehearsal and practice at home - do yours ?

2. akwarose

akwarose Active Member

i think only one of ours takes his instrument home. whether he practices or not is a whole different story.......

3. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

:shock:

You believe them?!

:lol: ;-)

4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Mine wont fit in the car :(

5. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Honestly - YES - I'm one of them !

6. Naomi McFadyen

Naomi McFadyen New Member

Thought so....

:lol:

7. bassinthebathroom

bassinthebathroom Active Member

I have my own! Again though, whether I practice is another matter.... :oops:

8. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I used to use that excuse too but now I have started to take it home after every rehearsal and try to practice every day. My problem is I have been out of the habit for so long I have forgotten how to practice i.e. I don't have a set routine yet. Will keep trying though.

9. Kernewek Den

Kernewek Den Member

I know our Bass players have a strict practise regime - they start with 'ump' and the move on to 'pah'. Don't think they've quite mastered it yet though!! :lol:

10. Dave Euph

Dave Euph Member

Our principle Eb Bass player uses the band room to practise out of rehearsal time ... not sure about the others :lol:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bass Players That Practice All 4
    Bass
    instruments
    Bass Players
    rehearsal
  12. ben.gernon

ben.gernon Member

I know I practise off my section. Don't think my eb partner does-but I know one of the Bb's practise too! :D

13. yr_epa

yr_epa Member

I remember an old bass player who used to play Eb bass in our B band, he didn't take his bass home as it was too big. He used to practice his bass part with a cornet! No wonder some very strange sounds came from the back during rehearsals!

14. paddo

paddo Member

MMMMM! that's a real acheivment Ian, to say you only have 3 players!!!!

oopps! thats me done in!!

15. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

3 and a half actually Paddo - the guy that left 6 months ago hasn't actually gone yet !!! (Don't ask - it's a long story.)
    I'm pleased that you didn't use this "Gift" of an opportunity to say that my practicing (Minimal) doesn't seem to have done much good - or were you saving it for later ??

16. Ste69

Ste69 Member

I'm so tempted to print and Blackmail.... :twisted:

Of course I do though. I'm housesitting at the moment so I go round there and annoy their neighbours and give mine a break :lol:

17. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I practice at least 45 minutes every day.

18. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

And the real answer for everybody else except Paul McLaughlin - I haven't properly practiced since my grade 8; I last practiced when I did specific practice for a requested solo at Al Honeyman's memorial concert.

This will change when I move house later in the year, and when Fulham get promoted after next year's areas.

19. I wouldn't practice if I played the bass - its far too big and heavy to carry around! I struggle to take my horn home to practice!!!

20. paddo

paddo Member

[/quote]ref Ian wilx
    I'm pleased that you didn't use this "Gift" of an opportunity to say that my practicing (Minimal) doesn't seem to have done much good - or were you saving it for later ??[/quote]

Would I do that!!!

Not in my nature old chap :roll: [/quote]

21. NeilW

NeilW Member

I practice when there are bits I can't play!

My bass won't fit in the car either (or at least it won't with its case - it goes in the passenger seat / seat well without it).

So... I've got another, older BB at home...

Mind you, I do practice my Euph sometimes too - and the band are letting me play it at the moment, so I'm happy :)

Last time I'd had enough of the bass, I sold the car altogether: you can't transport a bass around on a motorbike (and yes, you CAN carry a euph!)

Neil.

22. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bass Players That Practice All 4
    Bass
    instruments
    Bass Players
    rehearsal