Bass Player in Portsmouth looking for band....

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by leginald, Mar 11, 2007.

1. leginald

leginald New Member

Hi, I'm an Eb bass player, been out of practice for about 3 years now (played with Solent for one contest but couldn't keep up practices due to shift work).

Now working 'normal' hours, so looking to get back into banding. Any vacancies in the area? Have car, willing to travel (within reason)!

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bass player
    up practices
    practice
    Eb
    shift work
  3. SKYROCKET

SKYROCKET New Member

Hi - I've PM'd you!

4. Jean Hanslip

Jean Hanslip New Member

Gosport Silver Band is your answer!

Hi Leginald,
    There is the Gosport Silver Band nearby if you would be willing to travel to Gosport - we are a friendly 4th section band and you would be very welcome to come along and have a blow with us - see what you think!
    We rehearse on tuesday evenings at 7.30 - 9.30pm and sunday mornings at 10.30 - 12.30am. Our address is Thorngate Halls (we rehearse mainly in the Privett Suite and sometimes in the Music Room) Bury Road, Gosport. If you would like to ring me for anymore information, the number is: 023 80329063 (Jean). We'll look forward to meeting you!

5. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

hello
    there are choices for you lucky man! There is my band Hyde off to the Nationals (1st section) and championship next year. ok we have 6 basses but never turn people away and are extremely friendly. There is Verwood (3rd sec) and a possible lift with conductor from fareham (junction 9) on monday and thursdays. There is otterbourne (thurs and maybe sundays) and woodfalls concert also off to nationals in 1st section. take your pick but if you are a good bass player you are like gold dust for most bands. get back a.s.a.p. and enjoy!!!!!!!:clap:

6. tubatu

tubatu Member

Hi,
    If you want somewhere really local, there is Victory Brass based at the British Legion Club by Fratton Bridge. We rehearse on Thursday nights and Sunday mornings, we are a non contesting band and play for fun and enjoyment. Our website is http://www.rblvictorybrassband.co.uk/ this will give you more info and some contact numbers.
    Gary

7. Andrea

Andrea Member

Shame your not near Essex as we are looking for Bass Players. Good Luck with your search, hope you find the right band for you.

Andrea
    Flugel Horn and Secretary of The Tilbury Band

8. OneTonBass

OneTonBass Member

Leginald,

Still using your old Gig bag.

I recall trying to get you back into playing when we met.

Good to see youve finally seen the light.

Regards

Rich

9. alexktz

alexktz New Member

dont forget Ocean Brass 2nd Section champions this year! they're always a friendly band looking for players. i played with themfor 2 years before i came away to uni and loved it!

10. SKYROCKET

SKYROCKET New Member

Wcb

Hi dude!

Woodfalls Concert Brass are looking for a BBb or Eb bass player!

Our next concert is 19th May if you fancy it?

Tom

11. victory_brass

victory_brass New Member

Hi

Have you had any luck in finding a brass band yet?

Nat

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    bass player
    up practices
    practice
    Eb
    shift work
  13. cygnet

cygnet New Member

Hi

Spinnaker Brass is a new band that have recently set up in Fareham. We rehearse on Tuesday evening 7.15 - 9.15 3 mins from the M27 J 11 at Wykeham House school. We have a couple of concerts booked in early Dec and will be going to the Regionals in Mar 08. Our website is www.spinnakerbrass.org.uk and we would be delighted to see you. A couple of our members live in Waterlooville as well. Please feel free to call me (Vicky) on 07961 122541.

14. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

Leginald - if by any chance you are still homeless (banding wise) would you like to come and take a look at Verwood as we are currently one short on Eb Bass (October 2008)