Bass player available - theres a catch!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by steve butler, Sep 28, 2009.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

The catch is - I need work.

I am enjoying being out of banding at the moment (for last 6 months) and have no particular desire to return. However the sad lack of employment around at the moment leads me to clutch at straws.

If your band has need for a reasonable (if somewhat rusty) EEb player - and someone within your organisation could come up with some sort of gainfull occupation (I'll have a go at anything - I'm not proud) then I could be tempted out of retirement.

It's a bit cheeky I know - and maybe some will slate me for my motives. But there we are, desperate times lead to desperate measures.
  2. paddo

paddo Member

you desperate Steve, never..... :)
  3. steve butler

Aye maybe despeate was a bit strong, just going for the sympathy vote Mark :D
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

You've got mine - although we dont' need a bass player! or have any jobs for that matter. Good Luck tho, it's tough at the moment. The other alf's just gained employment today, and not before time. . .
  5. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Thats fantastic news :)
  6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Form a queue to snap up this bargain package.

In my day you just joined a "Works" Band and Hey Presto, instant employment with a decent wage.
    A very handy option in hard times.
    In the dim and distant past, both Steve and I were gainfully employed (at different times) by a certain engineering company on the understanding that we signed for the company Band.
    Happy days.

Good luck Mate, though the ones who employ you will be the lucky ones.

- Mr Wilx
  7. steve butler

Or maybe hand leaflets out for the BNP? No thanks Stuart.
  8. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

a Good idea for a way to find employment
  9. andyfake

andyfake Member

Not as daft as it might sound Mr B - and that's quite unusual for you:wink:.
    This was how it often used to be, and there's no harm in trying anything in trying times!
    Good luck with the search - surely someone must want a wall building with a touch of "sun has got his hat on!!"
  10. steve butler

What, you mean with the cope stones left off due to memory lapse? :D
  11. andyfake

andyfake Member

I'm sure you'd bluff your way through it just the same!
  12. steve butler

Mmmm not quite the reference I was after Andy :-?, but then most people will see through me fairly quickly :p.