Bass player available - theres a catch!

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by steve butler, Sep 28, 2009.

1. steve butler

steve butler Active Member

The catch is - I need work.

I am enjoying being out of banding at the moment (for last 6 months) and have no particular desire to return. However the sad lack of employment around at the moment leads me to clutch at straws.

If your band has need for a reasonable (if somewhat rusty) EEb player - and someone within your organisation could come up with some sort of gainfull occupation (I'll have a go at anything - I'm not proud) then I could be tempted out of retirement.

It's a bit cheeky I know - and maybe some will slate me for my motives. But there we are, desperate times lead to desperate measures.

2. paddo

paddo Member

you desperate Steve, never..... :)

3. steve butler

Aye maybe despeate was a bit strong, just going for the sympathy vote Mark :D

4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

You've got mine - although we dont' need a bass player! or have any jobs for that matter. Good Luck tho, it's tough at the moment. The other alf's just gained employment today, and not before time. . .

5. Leyfy

Leyfy Active Member

Thats fantastic news :)

6. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Form a queue to snap up this bargain package.

In my day you just joined a "Works" Band and Hey Presto, instant employment with a decent wage.
    A very handy option in hard times.
    In the dim and distant past, both Steve and I were gainfully employed (at different times) by a certain engineering company on the understanding that we signed for the company Band.
    Happy days.

Good luck Mate, though the ones who employ you will be the lucky ones.

- Mr Wilx

7. steve butler

Or maybe hand leaflets out for the BNP? No thanks Stuart.

8. Aussie Tuba

Aussie Tuba Member

a Good idea for a way to find employment

9. andyfake

andyfake Member

Not as daft as it might sound Mr B - and that's quite unusual for you:wink:.
    This was how it often used to be, and there's no harm in trying anything in trying times!
    Good luck with the search - surely someone must want a wall building with a touch of "sun has got his hat on!!"

10. steve butler

What, you mean with the cope stones left off due to memory lapse? :D

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Bass player
    work
    lack
    desire
    employment
  12. andyfake

andyfake Member

I'm sure you'd bluff your way through it just the same!

13. steve butler

Mmmm not quite the reference I was after Andy :-?, but then most people will see through me fairly quickly :p.