Bass Mouthpieces

Discussion in 'Classified Advertisements' started by frisp, Mar 15, 2003.

1. frisp

frisp Member

Now that I've got the dog's in mouthpieces I have these sitting around doing nothing:-

Dennis Wick 2L (used a little bit)

Perantucci PT-88 Mega (hardly used)

B&S 18 (never used)-in a nice little velvet bag with some rotor oil

Make me an offer by E-mail if you're interested and I'll send one (or all of them) to you.......but you should be playing an MF3 :p

2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

I have tried the MF mouthpieces and can't see what all the fuss is about... definately not worth the extra cash. I think I'll stick with the mouthpiece that came with my tuba. The best things in life are free...

BOC session over

3. frisp

frisp Member

Personal choice, isn't it?

What's a BOC session?

4. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

it's like a biro, but it's been misspelled a bit..

5. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

Hello

Yes, I agree mouthpieces are a very personal thing... I posted a better account of my opinions on Andy Catt's thread. A BOC is a boring old ****. To BOC is to discuss boring topics such as mouthpieces. I quite like discussing it though. Which makes me a BOC
    :D

6. frisp

frisp Member

I've never really discussed mouthpieces before, and now I'm a BOC!!

Life is tough :?

Could you point me in the direction of the thread you mentioned, I'd be interested in hearing different views ??

7. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

That thread

I believe you have already posted on that thread! It's in the user reviews section with the little poll on what mouthpieces you use.

8. frisp

frisp Member

Thanks, wasn't being deliberately stupid :oops:

9. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

a boc is primarily a noun, although can also be a verb.. ie. to boc the boc. "Pass the boc" is a game enjoyed by the members of many a championship section band after a concert when confronted by a boc who claims to have played lead trumpet with your band in 1754 etc... the idea is to see how many members you can pass him onto without him (or her :O) running out of things to say...

10. Phil Green

Phil Green Supporting Member

That really is very funny. :D

We get a fair few of these, so often bass players. Now I know what to do with them!

11. frisp

frisp Member

Perantucci is gone now :shock: