Bass, Horn and Percussionist required - Witney Town Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by grin869, Aug 6, 2011.

1. grin869

grin869 New Member

Witney Town Band (north west Oxfordshire) are on the verge of registering as a 4th Section Band, and require players and a conductor to help us on our way.

We are already 20 odd strong and would welcome players of any instrument. Most urgent needs are for Eb and/or Bb Bass, Cornet Players (various positions), Bass Trom and Percussion,

We are also looking for a new MD to help take this enthusiastic band onto the next level.

If you are interested, or want any further details, please PM me.

Glyn

2. Geraint_MD

Geraint_MD New Member

3. grin869

grin869 New Member

Witney Town Band are an enthusiastic and friendly 4th Section band from North West Oxfordshire. We have recently appointed a new MD and are looking to enter our first area contest (London and Southern Counties) in March 2012. We are currently looking for Tuba (Bb and Eb), Horn and Percussion players.

If you are interested, or for more details, then please PM me.

Glyn

4. MoominDave

MoominDave Well-Known Member

Is that you, Mr Kennett? Good to see Witney back on the contesting scene, in any case. Is it my imagination, or are we seeing something of a banding resurgence locally? But there still aren't any tuba players about anywhere...

Good luck!

5. grin869

grin869 New Member

Hi Dave, it is indeed. I think you are right. There does seem to be more interest at the moment.