Bass Features??

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by tubagod, Mar 25, 2007.

1. tubagod

tubagod Member

Hi i´m looking for any kind of arrangements that features the entire bass section. can anyone help?

Eb bass
    FDF National Brass band
  2. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Tyrolean Tubas is one if you don't mind cheese!
  3. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

Besses used to play an arrangement of Temptation Rag many (many!) years ago - IIRC it was arrangemd by David Manock, but I don't know if it was ever published.
  4. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies, and the whole bass section could dress up in tutu's
  5. Mrs Fruity

Mrs Fruity Member

We did The Elephant a while back at Brass in Concert. It' short, well-known and effective and involves all four basses, who then get to moan because they have to stand up and "dance";) (well, the one who lives in my house did)
  6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

Basses on the Beat (Sullivan) arranged by David Lancaster.

Comes highly recommended. :tup

Full details available on his website:

There is also a Scorch file available, so you can see and listen to the arrangement.

7. euphojim

euphojim Member

I have not seen this one, Bass Man. Is it published?

8. tubagod

tubagod Member

thanks everyone.

9. Ipswich trom

Ipswich trom Member

The Bass Boys by Andy Duncan. Great fun if you use props! It's based on the Beach Boys, Good Vibrations. When we didit we get them dressed in beach wear, sunglasses, etc. It also featyres the theme from Jaws so we had someone in a Shark costume. Went down a treat!
  10. KMJ Recordings

KMJ Recordings Supporting Member

I think I've fibbed - I think it was Ron Stanko who arranged it...
  11. a0781082

a0781082 New Member

there's also the arrangement of 'Eine Kleine Tuba Music' as immortalised by the late great John Fletcher. It's a 'solo' tuba quartet though as opposed to one that is for full band and featuring basses - so may nopt be what you want.

I performed it with the Britannia Bass Section in the early nineties with Thomas Weiss playing top man... always went down well!
  12. Anonymous_user

Anonymous_user New Member

Just dont bother!
  13. AndyCat

AndyCat Active Member

Heartily seconded.
  14. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

I remember seeing Grimeys bass section doing a wonderful arrangement of The Cuckoo. Afraid I don't know if it's published.
  15. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

I have and no the version I have seen (for 2 Ebs and one Bb) is not published. and the arranger who prefers to remain nameless is not likely to give/sell/provide it due to copyright.
    Where have you seen it Bassman?
  16. Bass Man

Bass Man Active Member

I came across an arrangement whilst depping for a friends band a few years ago, I am terribly sorry but I cannot remember who arranged it.
  17. MartinT

MartinT Member

Copyright? Tchaikovsky??

Forgive me if I'm being thick, but how can Tchaikovsky be in copyright?
  18. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

It is not copyright on that piece, the arranger has done many arrangements for the Youth Band he is involved with and some of those infringe on copyrights. He is of the opinion that once something gets out into the banding world, it won't be long before the copyright authorities come knocking on the door.
  19. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

It's great fun if it's the one I played as a lad - but make sure your lowest player realises that when the part goes into bass clef, it isn't REAL bass clef, but bass clef relative to the treble clef that you've been playing in! :eek:
  20. MartinT

MartinT Member

I can understand his point of view. Thanks for explaining.