Bass Drum Logos and Lettering

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Despot, Aug 7, 2004.

1. Despot

Despot Member

Hi All,

Any ideas on how to get lettering and logos on your marching bass drum?

Do bands get them painted or can you buy some sort of vinyl lettering etc?

2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I've just bought Vinal letters from a DIY store in the past. it's easy to do.

3. banger

banger New Member

i've used nezzy cartoons for my logo. lettering from a diy store can be ok
    but your not gonna get your logo their! you can find them at www.nezzycartoons.com

4. alanl58

alanl58 Member

Although you can get vinyl letters from DIY stores and stationers, be very careful unless you are confident that you can get them all straight and properly proportioned. Lettering done by non professionals can look terrible if not correctly aligned, and will make the band look like a bunch of (perhaps very good) amateurs.

Better to look in Yellow Pages for a "sign writer". Most of these have computer driven graphics, and will be able to provide and cut out logos and letters to your own design, and properly proportioned for the drum size. Costs about £40 for a simple wording phrase like "Joe Bloggs Band".

But it is even better if they put the material on the drum, because if they muck it up, it is at their expense, not yours. I tried a DIY job to save money, and wasted a few pounds because the vinyl kinked up and could not be repositioned once in place.

Good luck

alanl58

5. Well Worth It

Well Worth It Active Member

And you just happened to want PREMIER on the side????
    What a coincindence!! :wink:

6. fartycat

fartycat Member