Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Ryan06, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Ryan06

Ryan06 Member

Who here is into baseball? Im a DIE HARD baseball and Toronto Blue Jays fan! I get every year (since I dont live in Toronto anymore) so I can keep on watching the Jays. Any other baseball fans in here? Im so glad its back..even though its only pre-season right now.
  2. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

I grew up in Cleveland and am therefore an Indians supporter. I'm hoping for another good season.
  3. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hey Pat - how are the SD Padrés doing recently...? I was there a few years ago when they were apparently dire, but of the two games I went to watch whilst there, they won both!!
  4. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

They had a good season last year, but just missed the playoffs (there were three teams all within about a game of each other in a 162 game season).

Spring training is just starting, and I've not heard much yet.
  5. andywooler

andywooler Supporting Member

My Brother lives in St. Louis so I generally go to Cardinals games when I'm there - and whilst working in Charlotte over the years, my colleagues used to take us to the Knights minor league baseball.
    For me, much more enjoyable live rather than on TV.
  6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

Bronx Bombers fan here. For the first time in a long time, I don't have any great hopes for the season. Although we re-signed A-Rod, I don't rate our rotation much at the front end of the season (with Girardi figuring to use Chamberlin out of the bullpen for the first half of the season). Maybe that's a good thing, because I always feel a little let down by the start of the post-season.

NASN are showing a number of Grapefruit League games this year. The first one up is Wednesday night, with the Yanks and Twins.
  7. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

I love watching baseball especially in my student days where I could stay up and watch it. Unfortunatley its on in a really unsocialable time and its not on sky neither (or is it and I don't know about it??)
  8. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

C'mon the Rockies!
  9. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

It is if you subscribe to Setanta Sports, when you will get NASN as part of the package.

NASN (North American Sports Network) is a fantastic channel, and home to two of the best programmes on TV - Around The Horn and Pardon The Interuption, along with coverage of MLB, NHL and NCAA Basketball.
  10. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Cheers for that, I will try and pursuade my loverly mum to subscibe!:tup