Barton Town Band - Championship Section - Cornet & Euph/Bari

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by ploughboy, Mar 11, 2012.

1. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Barton Town band are looking to fill two vacancies after the upcoming Northern Area championships.

Front Row Cornet & either Euphonium (2nd) or Baritone (2nd). . .

The band is enjoying its 2nd year in the top section, and are entered in to the Senior Cup. We have a well paced selection of engagements this year.
    Our resident Musical Director is Garry Hallas (me!) and we regularly work with Richard Evans as our Professional Conductor.

This year we are hoping to consolidate our position in the Northern Area Top section and push our concert work further, engaging in a more overall performance including a more visual aspect to our concerts.

We rehearse Thursdays (8pm) and Sundays (7pm) in Barton, lifts or car sharing are available from East Yorkshire (Driffield/Filey), Hull, and now West Yorkshire too (it's just less than an hour to rehearsals from Leeds/Wakefield/Pontefract etc . . ). . .

If you are interested please contact me via PM, or give me a call on 07 732.39 6776

www.bartontownband.co.uk - more information can be found here.

Cheers
    Garry

2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

After todays excellent performance on stage in Darlington, I can now add a Trip to the Royal Albert Hall in October to the above already tempting offer ;)

3. iancwilx

iancwilx Active Member

Congrats to you all. A magnificent achievement. Best regards to my old banding comrade Graham Walker.

~ Mr Wilx

4. satchmo shaz

satchmo shaz Active Member

well done :)

5. andyfake

andyfake Member

Yes, well done on both your results this year Garry - what a difference a year makes!

Do you pass my house on the way to Barton?......

Andy

6. agentorange

agentorange Member

Didn't know you could play baritone Fakey................ ;-)

7. andyfake

andyfake Member

How hard can it be??? ;)

8. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

lmao!!!!

9. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

Opening of Devil and the Deep Blue Sea, maybe? I've heard some baritone players' lips were bleeding post final rehearsals...

10. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

Id that cos they've no technique though. . no such trouble at Barton our Solo Bari is sublime - you'd learn a lot sat next to him Fakey ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Barton Town Band - Championship Section
    Bari Barton Town
    Northern Area
    Garry Hallas
    Barton Town Band - Championship Section - Cornet
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

No, Garry it is because DB didn't ask how many top Fs a baritone player can play consecutively before numbness/bleeding/discolouration occurs. Actually, neither did that bloke who did the Robbie Williams medley. In that, I actually know the answer. It is 87.

Anyway, I digressed - if you are in the right geographic area to make joining Barton feasible, and baritone is your weapon of choice, I think you would be very unwise not to take up Ploughboy on this opportunity. Millions of Emleyites, bands needing a last minute percussion dep at Butlins and composers needing a musical opinion can't be wrong.

13. andyfake

andyfake Member

Is that 87 top Fs or Fs at the top of the stave Will? You'll get no sympathy from this sop player about concert pieces that set out to ruin you for the rest of the night! Deep Blue Sea did sound a tad difficult though - when they do decide to take baritones out of the comfort zone, composers seem to go the whole hog.

Baritone as my weapon of choice? Unlikely on a 16mm mouthpiece - although those top Fs might be a bit easier! ;)

14. HorniKaz

HorniKaz Supporting Member

Our 2nd horn player's lip split on the 1st note! The blood inside his mouthpiece at the end of the piece was disgusting!!

Congratulations Garry & Barton Town Band. See you at the RAH :)