Barnton Silver Band

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by bigmamabadger, Jun 23, 2003.

What's the biggest gap you've had in your playing career?

1. A Few Weeks

2. A Few Months

3. A Few Years

4. More Than 10 Years!

1. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Is there anyone online from Barnton Silver Band in Cheshire? I'm really interested in joining your band but you are elusive to say the least!
    If anyone knows Steve Yates I'm going to have to ring him this time rather than email.
    See you soon?
    BMB :lol:
  2. Fishsta

Fishsta Active Member

I believe "McEuphie" plays for Barnton, if I remember rightly. Find his name in the Member list (You can sort them alphabetically) and send him a PM.

Incidentally, my girlfriend knows someone who plays for them too! If McEuphie proves elusive, I could ask her to try and get some info on them for you?
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Thanks for the info fishsta. :D I've sent a pm off to McEuphie (and I have a strange feeling I know who he is, or at least I will when I see him...).

Trying to break back into banding is harder than you might think if you haven't played for 10 years and have no instrument...I may have to ask you to use your mole.
  4. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Mceuphie, didnt realise untill this second!

lol, welcome to barnton rebbecca
    see ya soon!

p.s TALLY HO!!!
  5. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Had car accident.

Played at a contest 2 weeks later and did not enjoy it at all.
    Was asked to step down to play 2nd Baritone that was just the ticket i needed to say
    "I AM HAVING A REST for a few months(6).
  6. Trom41821

Trom41821 Member

I left Shirley Silver back in about 84 and left without an instrument (just a mouthpiece) buzzed on that for about 9 months until I joined City of Birmingham
  7. brassybabe

brassybabe Member

Two and a half years ago, i found a lump on the inside of my lip, the doctor didnt know what it was so i had to go to hospital to get it removed and sent away for tests, luckily it was nothing serious but cos i had had an operation and stitches, it meant i was out of action until it healed properly which was about 7 weeks.
    It was so annoying, why is it that when u cant do something u want to do it more? In those those 7 weeks all i wanted to do was practice. :-?