Barnton Silver Band (north west) - Vacancies

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by kate_the_horn, Nov 5, 2004.

1. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Barnton Needs You!!

Edit: for current vacancies and contact details, please see most recent posts

the ranks of Barnton have somewhat "diminished" over the past couple of months, and we are now looking to strengthen the band, to compete in Preston, and then the regionals.

We are looking for cornets of all types especially, come for a blow and you might up on the front row!
    we are also looking for a 2nd baritone player, due to a relocation to scotland.
    also, our bass trombone player has dissapeared (along with our principal) to have her baby. fair enough really.
    finally, we could do with a 2nd horn player as our current player has just started college on our rehersal night.

Barnton Silver Band are a very friendly (BMB and Myself included) 4th section, northwest band, and would greet any new players with open arms, the more the merrier!!

we reherse Tuseday nights 8-10 at the barnton british legion, pm or email me for more details.

Kell x
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  2. kate_the_horn

kate_the_horn New Member

Cornets, We need you!

Barnton silver band (4th section northwest) are looking for cornets of all abilities to help us out with upcoming contests including
    whit friday
    and the areas

we could also do with a 2nd baritone and possibly a 2nd horn,

if you are intested, email or pm me for more details.

kel x
  3. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Erm, why do we need a 2nd horn? Did you kill the previous one?!
  4. HBB

HBB Active Member

Because you're getting fired, and 2nd horn's getting promoted?
  5. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

BMB-Kate might be playing Flugel, don't worry!!! only a possibility!! because roy will be joining me on percussion, why oh why!! but if steve is short of cornets i will be made to play, and therefore i will leave.
  6. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

any one who is intrested eithe P.m myself or Kate_the_horn, we don't mind your ability at all everyone of all ages is welcome!
  7. bigmamabadger

4th Section Cheshire Band

Barnton Silver Band require the following bums on seats:
    Back row cornets
    2nd Baritone
    2nd Horn (to become 1st Horn in September)

Suit beginner or returning-to-band.
    We're a sociable, friendly band, with a mixture of ages and abilities. We do all kinds of jobs from fetes, to contests, to Whit Friday and generally have a good time.
    Come along on a Tuesday, Barnton British Legion Club at 8:00 p.m., or send me a PM for more details.
    BigMamaBadger aka Becky Winn
  8. bigmamabadger

Come and meet the Badger...

Barnton Silver Band (Cheshire) - Vacancies

We are a friendly concert/contest (4th section) band, looking to strengthen our ranks.
    We have vacancies for cornet (front and back row) and BBb bass players but are keen to welcome all players.
    We rehearse on Tuesday evenings from 8-10pm in Little Leigh Village Hall (near Barnton/Northwich).

Please mail or PM - BMB for further details.

Or just turn up for a blow!

Edit: Threads merged as per tMP Recruitment guidelines
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 20, 2008
  9. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

We have vacancies for Bb and Eb cornets; and trombone to complete our line up we are an active fourth section band both with contests and concerts.

We currently rehearse on a Tuesday night at Little Leigh Village hall. M56 junct 10, take A49 Whitchurch exit, continue down to BP garage, and follow signs to Little Leigh

If your interested send me a PM
  10. Nanny Ogg

Nanny Ogg Member

Cornets, Bflat Basses & Percussion required for North West Area

Barnton are pleased that after a year's gap, we are back at the North West area. However we are light in some ranks and require, cornet players, bflat bass players, and at least one percussionist.

If you are interested please send me a PM
  11. Barilynne

Barilynne New Member

Band for Barnton

Hi All,

Barnton Silver Band is a fourth section band and is currently looking for the following players :-
    Solo cornets
    Eb Bass
    Bb Bass

We currently rehearse at Little Leigh Village hall which is 5 mins down the A49 from junction 10 of the M56. We rehearse on Tuesday nights 8pm -10pm. Our newly appointed conductor is Brian Lamb.