Barnaby Bear goes to Yorkshire.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by sugarandspice, Oct 18, 2006.

1. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

I knew there was a reason why i started that "where are your band from" poll ages ago- and this is it! Tmp is crammed full of Yorkshire folk and i could really do with your help in educating us Southerners to the highlights of Yorkshire!

I am planning on carrying out my geography assignment while im up in yorkshire next week, i have to make my own "barnaby bear" big book and therefore i'm trying to collect as much information as possible about the place to go in it!

I know we are deffinately going to York, the North Yorkshire Moors, Scarbrough, Leeds and Hudds, So if anyone has any information on those places, particulary historical/geographical stuff or knows of any good websites, etc it would be very helpful :)

Oh and i'm determined to get a picture of the bear with a brass band! :)
  2. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

I'm sure John would not want his website crashing by us Yorkshire folk putting on a list of what's good about Yorkshire! And I think Emley would be willing to pose for a photo with Barnaby, I'll have to remind them all to "do" their hair etc etc.

So other than bigger the biggest county in Britain what more do you need to know?
  3. sugarandspice

Might be nice to know if that was actually meant to make sense or not?! :p
  4. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

It made perfect sense up here!
    Yorks. is the biggest county in Britain!
  5. sugarandspice

Hmmm! can see that i will have a lot of educating to do myself!

I think the bear needs to wear a black bow tie in the photo, to show he's getting into the spirit of things, and i reckon he should be "holding" a cornet in the pic.........oh crawf!.......pretty please can i borrow your cornet :)

Hmmm, think i could possibly be getting far too into this!.....but i could be worse i suppose, my housemate just suggested i get barnaby bear a coat as it will be cold in yorkshire!
  6. Big Twigge

Big Twigge Active Member

I can't help with the Yorkshire bit, but we took Barnaby Bear to Paris a couple of years ago if you ever want to do a follow up!
    We have pictures of Barnaby Bear at the Eiffel Tower, eating a baguette, at the Louve, at Notredame etc if you ever need them, just ask!
  7. sugarandspice

Excellent! :) They do a barnaby bear goes to Paris interactive book on the website, he seems to be a well travelled bear!
  8. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

I'm sure something could be arranged! It's normally only podgy, balding, beer swilling thirty-somethings that get to hold my instrument tho! :rolleyes:
  9. Saxysuzuki

Saxysuzuki New Member

Errmm - just what is going on at band while I'm away - the mind boggles!!!

Hope Barnaby enjoys his Emley experience - why not take him skiing at Xscape - real snow all year round in Yorkshire!
  10. sugarandspice

Skiing does sound like fun, but i currently cant walk on my foot and am trying to avoid being put on crutches for next week so i don't think skiing would really help that to much!

If you are volunteering to take the bear skiing tho it would be a different matter entirely :)

Crawf- ummm, enough talking about yourself, can i borrow the cornet! ;):p:)
  11. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

YORKSHIRE! Where education is irrelevant if you can bowl like Rhodes or Hirst.
    YORKSHIRE! Dog's country!
  12. sugarandspice

Hmmm, as helpful as that is i think my 5 year olds are probably a bit beyond that really.

Don't worry, i'm sure you will catch up one day.
  13. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Education's irrelevant and we still manage to pronounce our "th's", unlike you lot daaaahn saaaaaf. :rolleyes:
  14. Will the Sec

LOL! At least one person got it...
  15. super_sop

super_sop Supporting Member

oo oo oo take Barnaby to Elland road, he could join the clowns they have running around the field there on a saturday afternoon.

Queue Clive!!!!
  16. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Who is Barnaby Bear? :oops: :redface:
  17. Will the Sec

18. Charmed

Charmed Active Member

Ah yes, now I've seen a picture I know who we are talking about. Unfortunately I can't claim that "Watch With Mother" was before my time! :eek:
  19. sugarandspice

Barbaby bear is used commonly in schools as an aid to teach geography, there have been a number of videos and big books made to use as teaching aids, in the hope that the children might actually learn something about a country or part of the country!

Although the bears main purpose is to teach geography i believe he can be found around Cbbc somewhere, with a lesser geographical theme these days.

there, i know my baranaby bear! :)
  20. tam-tam2

tam-tam2 Member

I had a similar thing when I taught Year Two a few years back but being Welsh ours was called David. He was a very well travelled bear and in a single year went to Arinsal (Andorra)and Whistler (Canada) where he got very cold.....well he wasn't a polar bear!! He also managed to sun it up in Tenerife, Majorca, Turkey and the lucky little beggar also turned up in the Dominican Republic!! He also had a bit of European/British culture in Edinburgh, London, Portsmouth, St Ives, Falmouth, Portsmouth, Canterbury and Paris.

He also wore the wonderful school uniform......David was cool!!:tup