Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Craigsav83, Apr 5, 2005.

1. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

I have been asked to locate some info, and if possible find a recording of the piece "Barn Dance and Cowboy Hymn" by Phillip Sparke. I've never heard of it never mind played if before, I'm hoping that someone can help? :confused:
  2. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

It can be found on the cd "Tribute" by Manger Musikklag conducted by Helge Haukas:
    Green: GRCD04

It's listed on the shopping pages
  3. Craigsav83

Craigsav83 Active Member

Many thanks :)
  4. brassneck

brassneck Active Member

5. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I had in mind that the music is about a double booking at the local barn; a revivalist meeting and a dance. Think there's a bit of a clash between the two groups of attendees but the cowboys eventually join in and sing the hymns and the congregation join in the dance.

Perhaps Anglomusic might have some more info as he wrote it.;)

HANNAH Member

i dont know about a brass band arrangement but my old youth concert band played it a few years ago now.
  7. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

That's close enough! :D
  8. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

Wow, thanks for that Philip. I told this story to a band that played it last year and they thought I'd made it up. I think I'll take a screen shot of your reply and pass it on.
  9. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

And which band would that be Frankie???!!! BBS are never skeptical about anything ever. Stat.

OK, maybe we are, just a little bit...
  10. tubafran

tubafran Active Member

I wasn't going to name the band but people can read into this what they wish;)