Baritone player new to north east

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by delphine100, Sep 22, 2005.

1. delphine100

delphine100 New Member

hello! i am a baritone player from manchester, just starting on a bmus at the university of newcastle and am looking for a band to play with in the area. i have experience of playing with bands and passed my grade 8 with distinction in july, and i'd really like to play with a friendly band whilst at uni. to contact please email or pm me! thanks.
    delphine evans

2. Di

Di Active Member

Hi there and :hi to tMP. Good luck with your search and good luck with Uni. :biggrin:

3. HBB

HBB Active Member

Howdy! Might wanna speak to Geordie_Colin!

4. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Hi there, whereabouts are you living? I may be able to offer some advice on bands in the area.

If you are living in Newcastle then are several bands within 20 miles of varying standards.

To the north of Newcastle there are bands at Ellington (Ellington Colliery, 1st Section), Newbiggin-by-the-Sea (Greggs Bakery, 1st Section), Ashington (2nd Section) and Backworth (5 Rivers Brass, 3rd Section). All of these bands are within 15 miles of Newcastle City Centre. The bands nearest the city centre are probably Gateshead Brass (1st Section) and Felling Band (1st Section) both of whom rehearse on the south side of the river in Gateshead town centre. Further out towards the coast in Jarrow you will find my band, Westoe (1st Section). All three of these bands rehearse within walkable distances of Metro Stations.

Most bands in the North East are desperate for players and it is my experience that you will be welcome wherever you go, even if it's just for a taster.
    After these bands you have to travel a bit further South towards Durham to find bands. I really can't be bothered to list them all but if you're curious check out the excellent www.ibew.co.uk for details of local bands.

5. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hi there, Ellington band would welcome you with open arms, check out the website http://www.ecband.org.uk or pm me for details, the band has just got a new major sponsor in the shape of Northumbrian Water.

6. Sparky

Sparky Member

Hi,
    as Andy Euph says we are looking for a Bari/Euph player at the moment (mainly because he's naffed off to Salford Uni for his second year) and would welcome you with open arms. Transport to us would not be a problem as our 1st Horn player studies in Newcastle (lives in Heaton) and gets a lift to rehearsals. We are a friendly lot (ask Geordiecolin who guested for us on our tour to Holland) and have some great concerts and contests (Butlins ) coming up. pm me if you fancy coming for a blow, it'll be worth it. Hope to hear from you soon

7. dave jake

dave jake Member

Cheers mate you forgot to mention the mighty Dunston

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2005
  8. michellegarbutt

michellegarbutt Supporting Member

we're probably a bit far for you if you don't have transport but Murton Colliery Band currently have a vacancy for a 1st baritone player. We're based on the outskirts of Sunderland. If you are interested please pm or email me

9. boneman0970

boneman0970 Member

Fancy Geordie Colin forgetting the mighty Dunston??

Hope you had a good weekend Dave??

We are currently on the look out for a Solo Baritone Player or 2nd Baritone as the guy we have at the moment will play anything!!We can also sort you a lift out as well!!
    You will be more than welcome at our rehearsals plus we actually have on the premises a Bar!!!!!W
    Also we are in the process of giving the band a much deserved face lift.ie New Contest Jackets, New Walking Outs!
    I'll send you a pm or just click on the link below and send me an e-mail

Hope to hear from you soon

Gavin Vardy
    Band Manager
    Gateshead Brass

www.gatesheadbrass.co.uk

info@gatesheadbrass.co.uk

10. geordiecolin

geordiecolin Active Member

Sorry Dave, what a terrible omission!!!!

...also in Gateshead, over towards the Metro Centre, near the "rocket" is based the delightful Dunston Silver Band, 4th Section National Finalists 2005 and a fine bunch of people. Alas, however they are a notorious temperance band who will not tolerate the imbibing of alcohol at any time. Shame, cos they're a canny bunch! ;)

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    baritone player
    player
    north
    Baritone
    university
  12. sparkling_quavers

sparkling_quavers Active Member

:p :p haha! especially their MD :eek: :rolleyes: