Baritone player looking for band Scotland(near Edinburgh)

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Norwegianbaritone, May 27, 2008.

1. As Im moving over to Edinburgh in September I would like to join a band in the area.

I have just finished a year at Manger Folkehøgskule, which is famous and has a good reputation when it comes to their brass course.

When it comes to standard I have competed in all sections here in Norway.

Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.

I'm looking forwards to my staying in Edinburgh, and hope that there is a band that would like to have a commited player:)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Edinburgh
    Baritone
    Scotland
    Im
    Manger Folkehøgskule
  3. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

4. groovy

groovy Active Member

The uni band is great, and you don't have to be a student to join. I played for 2 years when I was still at school and had a great time! Good social band, but obviously non-contesting, but there are plenty of contesting bands in the area.
    http://eubb.eusa.ed.ac.uk/
    :)

5. I forgot to mention that I have got my own instrument, a Besson Sovereign 956, 4 valved baritone.

6. Hello!

Hi Camilla,

As a player in Dalkeith and Monktonhall Band (near Edinburgh) I warmly invite you to come and try us out! I've sent a PM, but I thought I would let everyone else know that they are now playing catch-up! ;)

7. johnmartin

johnmartin Active Member

Some of us prefer the more private approach. :)

8. A more private approach may be more discrete - but according to some ;), there is a less acceptable way of enticing players to your band! :eek:

Needless to say, as we are not exclusive,- if anyone else wants to join a band near Edinburgh, we are always happy to welcome players! The more the merrier! We have rehearsals on Tues, Thurs, and learners on Fridays! :tup

(PS. other TV listings? bands are available - ask your local TMPer for more details)

9. I just have to say thank you for all the intrest you've shown me. Its kind of hard to decide, when not knowing how the uni will be like.

I guess I will be over around 5.-9. September, and will be living in the uni halls at QMU, in Musselburgh.