baritone gig bag

Discussion in 'Classifieds' started by maria, Dec 8, 2005.

1. maria

maria New Member

Does anyone know where I might find a baritone gig bag that has two shoulder straps so that you can carry it on your back?

2. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

Try looking at the "GIG" brand of bands. The dont do a baritone one but i have seen some Sax bags that would be big enough and the have 2 shoulder straps.
  3. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I've got a GIG one that Gareth was talking about, it's a saxophone one but my baritone fits snugly inside. Plenty of room for spare clothes and alcohol on contest days as well!!
  4. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

What every girl about town needs eh!!
  5. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

6. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

I think I should invest. My Bach gig bag doesn't have enough room for such necessities!
  7. Di

Di Active Member

I've been looking for a baritone bag for myself and looked at the GIG site recently. It appears they DO now do one for a baritone. ;) They've even added a "moulded" hard case to their range. Shame really, Vic say's I'm too old :eek: to have a nice bag like that. :(
  8. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

I stand corrected. But they are a very useful bag :)
  9. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

To be honest i would not have one the reason been:
    If your instrument gets knocked it as not got much protection so plenty of dents can be put into it:( :

Where as a HARD CASE as!!!:tup
  10. HBB

HBB Active Member

And senile! 2 odd shoes.. honestly!!! :p

topic: The Moulding one's a good idea!
  11. BbBill

BbBill Supporting Member

Do they make them for the 4 valve bari or is it just for the 3 valve one?
  12. Will the Sec

Will the Sec Active Member

I agree - I believe soft cases to be a false economy. The only times when I can see a soft case being of use (ie on the tube, on buses) are the very times when they would be the most vulnerable.
  13. Di

Di Active Member

Quote from the GIG Site:
  14. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

I was looking at these on the internet the other day as I was going to buy my housemate one for christmas. They look nice and popular at Bromsgrove summer school
  15. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

mine holds my hair straightneners and 6 bottles of blue wkd as well as mutes and stuff.. obviously if u have one bottle of vodka instead of 6 bottles, u can carry more mutes and useful stuff... and theres cool reflectors so u dont get run over in the dark :rolleyes:
  16. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

I've had stage and walking out uniforms in mine, straighteners, 2 bottles of cava and a bottle of vodka, oh and my baritone. And still room for more! You so should get one Jane, and as Anna says, the reflectors mean your mates can find you if you collapse in a heap somewhere. What more can a girl want!
  17. SoloBaritone

SoloBaritone Member

You've sold it to me mate! I defo need those reflectors, being left in a gutter is never fun!
  18. Sellers_Bird

Sellers_Bird Active Member

the reflectors are ace!! my case hasn't had the privelege of stoppin me being left in the gutter yet, but theres plenty of opportunities in the near future...:eek:
  19. yooflou

yooflou Member

gig bags

Willie - it's Lou from Denham (Whit Friday last year!) I am now like Katrina changing instrument and now on Baritone - but didn'y you play trombone or was it Tuba......?
    I have contacted the GIG bag website as i need one for my 4 valve Yamaha - will let you know what I hear back....
    Hope you guys up there are all doing well
    See you in ya kilts on the 9th June
  20. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

The often have them at trade stands at the areas...I would recommend buying it there as it ill keep encouraging those that run the stands to support contests.