Baritone Duets?!

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Aaron, Aug 12, 2005.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member

Me & my better half are both baitone players & want to do a duet in forthcoming concerts, but the only duet i can think of, which can be played on baritone is deep inside the sacred temple from the pearl fishers
    As nice as this duet is, does anyone have any suggestions for duets written SPECIFICALLY for baritone?
    Any help would be much appreciated

2. supersop_1

supersop_1 Account Suspended

found this on just brass catalogue.Its the only baritone duet they list

[size=+1]The Wind Beneath My Wings[/size][size=-1]
    Composer: Henley/Silbar
    Arranger: Tim Paton
    Level:
    Duration: 3:40
    Instrumentation: Baritone duet with Brass Band accompaniment
    Available on CD:

Price: £17.00

[/size]

<FONT face=ARIAL size=-1>

3. Aaron

Aaron Member

cheers for that, will try & get hold of a recording (although everyone know how it goes really :0)

4. tubagod

tubagod Member

i´ve heard of duet called "all Bar two" i think it was in the mostynmusic catalogue

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

There's a brief write-up on Tim's website, and I'm sure he'd fill you in on difficulty etc if you sent him a pm (TIMBONE):
    http://www.tpmusic.co.uk/9252.html

6. B'aht a band

B'aht a band Member

We used to do "Deep Inside The Sacred Temple", could that be arranged for Bari's instead of Euph's?

7. mikelyons

mikelyons Supporting Member

I have just finished an arrangement of Tambourin for two Bb soloists - not specific to baritones, but it does have the advantages that it is short, it is bright and jolly and it is also not too difficult. PM me if youa re interested.

8. ian perks

ian perks Active Member

Well here one for you my mate on 1st and me on 2nd are going to do GRASSHOPPERS DANCE, i know its a cornet duet BUT our conductor likes do to something different for concerts plus all been well 2 GRASSHOPPER COSTUMES will be worn as well:biggrin: at the Burton Town Hall in October

9. cornetkate

cornetkate Member

Yes this can be done for Bari's as this has been recorded on one of the Courtois CD's, of which one of the soloists is Jonny Webster although I can't remember the other; just in case you wanted to listen to this before buying the piece (I think it is still available to buy through Fred Rhodes). Great piece if you have good acoustics to work with...:clap:

10. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

How about 'softly, as I leave you'? Arranged for euphs but sounds just fine with baritones.

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Me & my
    fishersAs
    Baritone Duets
    sacred temple
    pearl fishersAs nice
  12. euphfanhan

euphfanhan Member

...Provided of course one of you can get a super f...I usually leave that to someone else!

13. Redhorn

Redhorn New Member

How about 4' 33" by John Cage, arranged for Baritone Duet & Band??...

That would be ideal!!! :cool:

14. sugarandspice

sugarandspice Active Member

HA!! I like it! Sure your baritone players will be most impressed with that one?!! :)

15. FlugelD

FlugelD Member

Last Bari duet I heard was when the MD said 'play me a C'... ;)

Seriously, I reckon almost any Bb duet - like Deep Inside the Sacred Temple - will work, if you simply swap parts ...

16. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member