Baritone Duets-is this a first?

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by the ox, Dec 20, 2005.

1. the ox

the ox New Member

Brighouse recently premiered a new baritone duet by Leigh Baker called "Baritunes" ( due to it's tuneful nature!)
    Are there any more duets specifically written for baritones in existence?

2. Darth_Tuba

Darth_Tuba Active Member

The Syncopated Clock (Leroy Anderson arr. James Gourlay) is a baritone duet. We've done it the last two Christmasses.

3. ju33les

ju33les Member

TP Music publish a baritone duet of "The Wind Beneath My Wings" arranged by Tim Paton (Timbone).

http://www.tpmusic.co.uk/9252.html

So no, it's not a first!!:icon_razz:

4. the ox

the ox New Member

Ah-but these are arrangements! Is there another original composition aimed at the barking iron section?

5. Thirteen Ball

Thirteen Ball Active Member

Closest I can think of is 'Meiso' which is for baritone and horn, but I don't know of one for two baritones. :dunno:

I did see two baritones stand up and play 'Playmates' cornet duet once though. Sounded rather good too!

6. Syrup

Syrup Member

Would love to hear Leigh Baker play his piece, he's such a wonderful player with a full 'round' sound.

7. MickM

MickM Member

Mr Syrup, don't you mean "he's such a wonderful 'round' player with a full sound"? :icon_cheesygrin:

Only kidding Mr Baker! :icon_wink:

I've not heard his composition for Baritone duet, but if it's anything like his arrangements, i'm sure it's excellent!

8. midwalesman

midwalesman Member

Well I can safely say that the tunes in Baritunes were so good it unblocked my nose.... However I think it is the mark of a genius to create a piece that captures so many types of tune and make it challenging all the same.

It has to be a must for any baritone section!