Baritone Concerto

Discussion in 'Classified Advertisements' started by Anonymous, Apr 1, 2003.

1. Anonymous

Anonymous Member

Would anyone be interested in giving the first performance of my Baritone Concerto, just completed a few moments ago? It will take a player with a big sound and plenty of stamina but I'm very pleased with the outcome and think it will sound great in the hands of a virtuoso baritone soloist.

Any takers?

D

Professional Composer
    etc.

2. Highams

Highams Member

3. Heather

Heather Member

Now, THIS MUST be an April Fool.

Heather. Baritone Player!

4. Aidan

Aidan Active Member

hahaha :D thats brilliant!!!
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

5. neiltwist

neiltwist Active Member

what? the fact it's a baritone concerto, or that a big sound and plenty of stamina is needed!

6. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Neil - If you need to ask, the joke's on you!

Sorry CB and baritone lovers everywhere - I feel so guilty about my feeble, beer-induced attempt at an April Fool gag that I am now going away to begin composing my Baritone Concerto as penance. See you in a year or two when I've managed to write something that sounds good on the baritone.

D

7. Heather

Heather Member

Straightmute, I'd stop there if I was you before you go too far!!!!!!!!!!

8. Straightmute

OK, since you put it like that...

Actually I really love the sound of the baritone. Honest! My April 1 gag was originally going to be 'bass trombone concerto', but I don't think anyone would have fallen for that one.

And I really will write something for baritone and band, though perhaps not a concerto!

D

9. Heather

Heather Member

All us Baritone players will hold you to that then.
    You can't get out of it now.

10. Highams

Highams Member

You have gotten me into soooooooo much trouble !

First I have to cancel the RAH booking for the premier and loose my deposit, I have to rewrite two articles for the BB & BBW, I have to supply champagne & chocolates to a sobbing partner, and return a brand new instrument invented especially to perform your work on in stereo !

http://www.euph9.freeserve.co.uk/bari2.jpg

11. Straightmute

OK - I am crumbled into submission by the baritone mafia...

Yesterday I went out and bought manuscipt paper. I'm on with it. Right?

D

12. Heather

Heather Member

We expect you to spend all this weekend tethered to a desk with pen in hand.
    All food and drink will be delivered to your desk..the food will have been whisked into a soup to enable you to drink through a long straw without ever having to let go of the pen.
    You will be allowed sleep but only when your piece is complete and you are satisfied that it is, in fact, good enough for all the wonderful Baritone players across the country.
    Good Luck!!!!

13. BoozyBTrom

BoozyBTrom Member

You have a real job on your hands there Mr Mute. How on earth will you be able to write a tune that a baritone will be able to carry. its impossible.

Perhaps one of the movements could be a jazz style one. you could call it Barking Iron Blues. :wink:

14. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Hi StraightMute - happy to publish your "Ultimate Baritone Composition" here on tMP of you like... :)

On with the writing.... you have a lot of people to appease!!!! :lol:

15. Straightmute

Heather

Please can you come round and untie me now? I've nearly finished the piece for baritone and band and will get the parts done over the weekend.

I'm still searching for a title - it's based on a Cornish folksong called 'I Love my Love' but I can already see tHB members with their fingers down their throats, so that won't do. Suggestions welcome!

Oh, and thanks for the soup.

David

16. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

Perhaps a tribute to the great bread from that section of the country:
    "I Love my Loaf"

(I'll shut up now...)

17. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

There are worse titles I guess.......

And I'm glad Heather's untied you now - can't have you in the way at Saturday's Eurovision Night!

Rach x

18. its just the fact that somebody has taken time out of their life to write for such a monstrosity (spelling?). Surely its a joke?!

19. Heather

Heather Member

:twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:Careful now!!

20. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Moderator Staff Member

In case any Baritone Players out there are interested, on Friday 31st October Black Dyke Band will be performing the premier of a new Baritone Solo entitled 'Concertino for Baritone' composed by yours truly.

If anyone is interested in attending the concert, Rob Richardson will be performing this 'premier' at Uppermill Civic Hall at 7.30 p.m.

Hope to see you all there!

:wink: