Bari - Rochdale

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Andy Cooper, Nov 3, 2005.

1. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

Hi all

As a not quite so ancient who's been playing a couple of years now, the last year and a half occuping 1st Bari seat in a local(ish) training band and not been able to break into the main band due to lack of vacancies, Im looking for a local 4th section band with a spare 2nd seat prepared to tolerate an "improver" who wants to advance faster than the current position can offer!!! I come with own instrument and beer tokens...............

2. tat

tat Member

Whitworth have a 2nd bari seat available. If you fancy coming up and sitting in please give Dave a ring on 07764744599

3. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band in North Manchester have a seat available, please either pm me or send me an e-mail on adiesmith@hotmail.com.

Adie
    MD Blackley Band

4. vonny

vonny Member

Hi Andy,

I live in Rochdale, and i am currently playing tenor horn with Blackley Band. They are a nice group of people and i am sure you will be made very welcome there. I think any player who is as keen as you are will enjoy playing with a section band. It is suprising how much you learn from other players around you, and you will certainly improve...

Yvonne

5. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Of course you'd have to put up with Vonny the Loony if you joined Blackley, but hey, we all have a cross to bear. :biggrin: :tongue:

Sorry Vonny, I know yer lovely really. ;) Good luck finding your band mate. :tup

6. vonny

vonny Member

Crawford - you're very cheeky - but you are spot on with the lovely bit... and andy came down to the band despite what you said about me. I have just got natural charm ;)

7. Andy Cooper

Andy Cooper Member

... and very welcoming too! Cheers, despite the first night nerves i enjoyed it - and Vonnys charm has enticed me back lol!!

8. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

She is certainly a charmer!!! :wink:

9. vonny

vonny Member

Awwww andy you didn't seem nervous, maybe you was nervous because i was practically sat on your knee lol. It was a pleasure to see you, and as you have seen brass banding is fun eh?

See you soon and take care,

Yvonne :)

10. Chunky

Chunky Active Member

I would be nervous too Andy, if Vonny was sat on my knee! :biggrin: :wink:

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    band
    position
    lack
    vacancies
    1st Bari