Banks actually being nice!!!!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Texus, Jan 19, 2007.

1. Texus

Texus Member

I opened the deluge of official looking post this morning, expecting the usual shouts of charges etc. from the bank. Instead, i got one that stated "we apologise that your direct debit has been returned, and as a sign of goodwill won't make any charges!"

Gobsmacked.....

Anybody else?

2. well if whatever happened wasn't your fault, then you don't get charged for it. but if it was your fault then you would get charged. thats what happens at nationwide anyway who are always nice unlike those nasty banks!! ;) not that i work for them or anything...ahem...:oops:

3. Ruthless

Ruthless Member

You do realise that a lot of people are claim their charges back from banks and are getting the money - sometimes it goes into the £,000s. Aparently you can claim upto 6 years worth of charges back if you have been charged what is considered to be more than it cost the bank to handle the issue.

I have seen this on another forum I've been on. There was a website you could go to which told you what to do.

4. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

I am currently in the middle of claiming back bank charges - it is a largish sum due to random pay days when I was self employed. If I don't have a response by tomorrow I can take my bank to court for the dosh!!! Yay!!!!

Rach x

5. cornetgirl

cornetgirl Active Member

Just to update....been offered 95% of what I claimed for without a quibble!

YES!

Rach x

6. TheMusicMan

TheMusicMan tMP Founder Staff Member

Nice donation to tMP then Rach eh :):)