Bangor University in September

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by stopher, Jul 26, 2004.

1. stopher

stopher Member

If you are going to Bangor Uni in September, PM me if you are looking to join a band!

Very friendly and youngis 3rd section band based just over the bridge on Anglesey. The Band currently have a few students and have loads in the past!

Lifts available from halls to rehearsal to pub! How's that for service!

Any Tenor Horn, Trom or Eb Bass players will be made REALLY Welcome but any instrument is welcome

2. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

Bangor is in the premier league of British Universities
    can't go wrong with Tuition from Gav Saynor and Chris Williams. if you coming to Bangor check the band out....
  3. stopher

stopher Member

Thanks for the "Jones Seal of Approval" Nick. Well maybe more a small whale than a seal but........

Nick was right about Bangor Uni - the band has fairly good links with the Uni Music Dept and we even have one of the Microbiology Profs playing Eb Bass thus proving intelligent Bass players do exist!!!!!!

Forgot to mention the band website if anyone wants to have a look -
  4. i have got a mate thats coming to bangor uni, he plays solo cornet his email address is send him an email.
  5. nickjones

nickjones Active Member

played with Menai Bridge Band on Sunday....after the sunburn , and the free beef burger.....would say if you in Bangor Uni check the band out...
  6. stopher

stopher Member

Don't tell everyone Nick - will never be short for deps now after you've told everyone they get a free burger!!!! Thanks for the help and promotion anyway Nick!!! (No you can;t have another burger for that but might stretch to a beer or two after the concert on the 11th of September if you can help out again!)
  7. stopher

stopher Member

Now that the A-level results are out, if you are coming to Bangor and want a band to have a toot in, send me a message. Even if you just want to keep your lip in and not actually sign!

Have a look at the band website if you want to find out a bit more!