bands requiring a new md and 2004 area test pieces

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by madandcrazytromboneguy, Dec 28, 2003.

1. hey every1, just wanted 2 know of any bands requiring a new md 4 2004, hopefully in the west yorkshire area but it would b nice 2 know of newhere in general that needs 1, this way u can advertize 4 a new md thru this mp forum, also wot do u all think of the test pieces picked 4 the 2004 area contests?, my band hebden bridge brass band r doing kaleidoscope and i dont like it much but it has its good parts, the horn melody in variation 1 aint 2 bad, and the ending is crazy, wots ur thoughts?

Clive Morris, 2nd Trombone, Hebden Bridge Brass Band

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    new md
    band hebden bridge brass band r
    area test pieces
    area contests
    horn melody
  3. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

whats wrong with using English? :shock:

4. Brian Kelly

Brian Kelly Active Member

There is a section of the forum called The Recruitment Corner where bands can and do advertise for conductors and players.

Kaleidoscope. Not the best testpiece I've heard, but its ok. Its listenable, has a tune in it, and a big loud ending, so it would probably be a good concert item.

5. PeterBale

PeterBale Moderator Staff Member

You can even use a capital letter at the start of the sentence, and the occasional apostrophe if you like :!: :wink: :lol:

6. leisa

leisa Active Member

i love kalidascope its great!! :)

7. Lauradoll

Lauradoll Active Member

Your user name was well chosen!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

8. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

I have to agree!!!!! :shock:

Nice to know ur still about Clive.

9. Euph-Bari

Euph-Bari Active Member

Oh! I can Vouch That He Is Mad AND Crazy :p :wink:

10. nice 2 know u all love the username, and i wudnt have picked it if i didnt think it was original or unusual, and 4 u posh guys who r bein picky about spellin, let me know when ur perfect, then i'll stop usin short txt, wot u all think of the other pieces picked 4 the area?

11. jimothy

jimothy Member

thnk spllng mstks & typs r fr ngh. bt ppl wh cnt mk th ffrt jst nny m

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    new md
    band hebden bridge brass band r
    area test pieces
    area contests
    horn melody
  13. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

14. sunny_jimbob

sunny_jimbob Member

Short spelling, or Text Speak: A form of language designed to fit into the constraints of the SMS format used commonly in mobile phone communication.

Fair do's on a mobile with not many keys and limited space, but you've got a whole keyboard to play with here. People can get fed up having to translate from text speak when they're reading a full length post, and thus stop reading it, possibly missing out on any major point(s) contained within said post.

Not making any personal attack/criticism here, so please don't take it as such, just trying to provide a sensible (and VERY carefully typed :wink:) argument as to the advantages of using real, full english.

15. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

madandcrazytromboneguy lol thats true!!!!! what about ya other names? Zman and mozman as hes known in the band room! cya at xmas party tonght!!!!!!! :guiness :guiness :guiness :guiness :hammer

16. bad nicknames!

thanx dick, nice of u 2 pass on the nicknames u have all made up 4 me despite the fact that no1 calls me them much nemore and i hope ya wont start it off again, cya 2nite, mozzer :p :wink:

17. JessopSmythe

JessopSmythe Active Member

Touche :oops:

Nobody mentioned spelling! I'd rather read a misspelt post that at least used whole words than have to translate abbreviated gibberish

18. markyboy

markyboy Member

I know that this topic has drifted away from what the original posting was about, but I have to agree about what everyone has said about their dislike for this text message talk on the Forum.
    I have a friend who is a teacher and he was telling me that these days in the classroom pupils can not seperate when, and when not to use proper written English or short text.
    He often gets essays handed in to him with words like 2moro, gr8, plz etc etc.
    I am not the most educated person in the world, but I do still think that proper English should still be used whenever possible and I'm sure any possible future employer would think the same as well.
    Thanks for listening to my point of view, and I'm sure that I will make many more spelling mistakes in future postings, but at least I wont use short text!!

19. Keppler

Keppler Moderator Staff Member

I agree with your points Mark! I hate text-speak myself!

Anyway, lets get back on topic now, everyone!

20. Anglo Music Press

Anglo Music Press Active Member

Sorry to hear that you 'don't like it much', but at least you can spell it!!!

21. rickcowens

rickcowens Member

i love every bit ov it! its wikid, best test piece ive played at this standerd!

22. floral_dance

floral_dance Member

I love Kaleidoscope, I have been trying to play along with the CD so that I can get the counting right and at least find out where I come in etc. Can't wait until practice on Thursday when we will be starting to work on the music. Thanks Mr Sparks!!!!