Bands on Chris Evans show

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by T Winch, Sep 16, 2006.

1. T Winch

T Winch Member

Did Chris Evans deliver on his promise to play a brass band track on his Thursday show? If so what did he play? I was listening till about 6 but heard no mention of it

2. 1st Position

1st Position Member

No, not a sausage, well okay there was a big feature about sausages but nothing about Brass bands at all - and I listened to the whole two hours - what a waste of time.

3. dyl

dyl Active Member

But the two are linked, aren't they? tMP and sausages: http://www.themouthpiece.com/vb/showthread.php?t=10749

;)

4. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Alright for you lot, sausage boy is linked with our band.

As for your man Chris Evans, did any band approach Chris Evans' production team for his show? Or did 'we' just sit there waiting for the previously delivered ad lib comment to come to fruition then have a good old moan when it didn't come? Those of you who remember 'back in the day', will know that Evans has featured Grimey a couple of times on TFI.

Our band didn't ring them.

Maybe this is another crucial issue with the banding movement; we sit back as an organisation when a key opportunity to publicise or promote ourselves comes along. Then we moan when the chance passes us by.

5. dyl

dyl Active Member

An excellent point Mosh ........

Come on folks - what have we got to lose?

6. Roger Thorne

Roger Thorne Active Member

7. 1st Position

1st Position Member

Ours did, after he had his little feature on Grimethorpe, our chairman put a copy of our new CD in the post to Mr Evans, that same night. So we did get off our posteriors and try do something to raise the profile of both our band, and bands in general. I suppose we'll all listen this week to see if he is going to feature a band.

8. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

My band sent a CD too - now everyone needs to bombard his blog site until he actually plays some tracks!

9. toby hobson

toby hobson Member

I e-mailed him the day after to thank him for offering to give bands air time, thought it wouldnt do any harm............maybe it did.......DOH!!!!

10. SuperMosh

SuperMosh New Member

Nice one - as I said our band didn't but with the upcoming release of our CD then I dare say it would be worth the cost to send Mr Evans a copy.

Spot on Dyl mate - what have we got to lose? Any bands willing to record one of his jingles and send it to him? Any bands got an over the top version of a rock classic? The list is endless but so are the key opportunities to get some publicity here

Accidental makes the best point = bombard his Blog Site, even if he says that Brass Bands have ambushed me website then at least it's publicity!!!!

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Chris Evans
    promise
    brass band track
    Thursday
    Bands