Bands not updating website information

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by Rebecca Owen, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Rebecca Owen

Rebecca Owen Member

Does anyone else find it annoying that some band websites do not show up to date information. I would have thought that one of the most important reasons for having a website was that it contains the most up to date info.

I have found one website with a jobs list for 2006, one where the home page says last updated May 2008 ...... to mention a few.

It is most annoying in terms of current vacancies. Recently I was looking for a band for when my daughter starts uni in September, and some bands players lists to not coincide withtheir vacancy page. So which one is right?

If they are naming a flugel player, then why are they advertising for a new one. Over recent weeks my daughter has contacted a few bands that had vacancies to be told
    - oh we have filled that vacancy a couple of months ago.

If you can't be bothered or don't have time to be keeping it updated then find someone else in the band who will. Don't have a website that is full of old information.

Makes me mad!!!:mad:

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    daughter
    website information
    information
    anyone
    one
  3. DublinBass

DublinBass Supporting Member

There is a local youth band I was going to support by going to their concert. For their Feb, Mar and Apr 2010 concerts it still says "location TBD"

Not very helpful.

4. marksmith

marksmith Active Member

I totally agree with the sentiments expressed here.
    It might be useful for bands to delegate the responsibility for up-dating their sites, to an enthusiast, rather than an already over-worked secretary?
    I have been viewing some Midland sites that are shamefully out of date.
    This does not reflect well upon their organisation!

5. tubbytuba

tubbytuba Member

As per the above comments i also have to agree,i recently posted on my own bands site how poor it is to run a site but not update it!!!

6. The Wherryman

The Wherryman Active Member

I run my band's website. It might not be the slickest site going, but it does the job of informing anyone interested in looking round it what the band is about, our forthcoming engagements, vacancies, contact details etc.

I keep it up to date and I welcome ideas from band members, BUT, if a member of the band came on here to criticise what I was doing, I would simply hand the site over to them to run. There are ways and ways of making criticisms and some things, IMHO, should be kept 'in house'.

But I agree with previous posters that sites should be kept up to date. If a site has been made so complex that updating is a lengthy chore, it's time to reassess the content and, maybe, slim it down a bit.

7. StellaJohnson

StellaJohnson Active Member

Ours is probably one of the most up to date website going!!
    Yes it is annoying. If you cannot keep it up to date, just have a front page with a contact info

The thing I cannot understand on band website is private jokes about players. Its not professsional and makes me think the band is a bunch of idoits run by idiots. I don't really care what players most embarassing moment is.