Bands Near Harrogate

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by FastFinguredFreddy, May 18, 2004.

1. FastFinguredFreddy

FastFinguredFreddy New Member

Hey there everyone,

this ones aimed mainly at the bands and bands people near the Harrogate area. My band St.Davids Brass have qualified for the Nationals and are looking for a place to rehearse in the area and i was wondering if any of you lovely people have a band hall or anything that we would be able to use? :p

Any help from people would be accepted greatfully. :D

2. Andy_Euph

Andy_Euph Active Member

Hi there, Ellington are practising at Harrogate bands bandroom on the sunday but i'm not sure if they are booked up... might be worth seeing about it though
  3. Lucky Beaver

Lucky Beaver Member

Ooh, you'll be competing against us!

The Harrogate Band were taking bookings for the use of their excellent band room. Last time I looked there were still one or two slots available but to see for yourself, the details are on the homepage of the band website at

Good luck with finding somewhere :D
  4. FastFinguredFreddy

Cheers for that one buddy. I will get the secretary to look into that. :D
  5. FastFinguredFreddy

thanks Lucky Beaver and Good Luck to you at the contest although obviously not to much luck :lol: :lol:

Just kidding

6. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

yes there is the Harrogate band. if that isnt successful there is Wetherby Silver band about 7 miles down the road who would im sure be happy to lend you their facilities!! if you want details, give me a pm (rambo chick) and il give you names to contact :)
  7. ploughboy

ploughboy Active Member

We have one band using our bandroom, We're a way from Harrogate would suit anyone staying south of harrogate, or anyone travelling up M1 PM for any help we can give

8. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

York RI (about 20 miles from Harrogate) have a nice band room if bands are stuck.

I don't know whether they will loan it out but I've got a contact number for their (old?) band chairman if anyone wants to drop me a PM.

9. BFN

BFN Member

Evenin' Stu - glad you've joined! How's the band sounding just now without its star bass trombone player? :D
  10. FastFinguredFreddy

its ounding pretty good mate i must say! Some programme we are putting in at this next concert as well :shock:

Are you doing this one?
  11. BFN

BFN Member

Apparantly - though if I am let Benjamin too! The wee guy's supposedly very good, but never plays when I'm there - I'm not that intimidating am I? :?
  12. FastFinguredFreddy

well i dont think you are mate! :D
    Dont worry just keep showing him the ropes and im sure he will come out of his shell.! 8)
  13. BFN

BFN Member

So, are you going to divulge this immense program, or is it a secret? :D
  14. FastFinguredFreddy

its still a work in progress but once finalised i will publish it on the band website/forum and the concert section here.

Lets just say its a bit of a blow! :shock:
  15. BFN

BFN Member

For you maybe! I might just have to pedal everything ad lib just to keep myself occupied...
  16. amgray

amgray Member

Ripon City Band (10 miles north of Harrogate) have their own Bandroom which might be available.
    Contact via their web site
  17. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Freddy - have you been in touch with Gavin yet? If not get his details from our website.

Our bandroom is now pretty well booked up although last time we spoke about it there were odd spaces left during the finals weekend.

However we may be able to offer an alternative space in Harrogate; if you're still looking for rehearsal space it is worth getting in touch.

18. FastFinguredFreddy

Thanks Straightmute i have got in touch with Gavin now and it looks like we have sorted it all out. Thank you everyone for all your advice and help! :D :D

Good luck to all the bands in the Finals by the way!