Bands In York

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by wannabe_cornet_player, May 24, 2005.

1. This message goes out to any bands situated in York...

I've given up on the cornet, it didn't agree with me. I asked it to sing, and instead, it burped!

So, I have a new plan.

I know how to play the drums. Fair enough, not in a brass band sense, more of a rocky sense, but I know my way around a drum kit (just).

So here is my proposal,

I go to university in York (St John campus on Lord Mayors Walk) and I was wondering if there were any bands situated in York itself, and if they fancied teaching me to read kit music and basically show me the ropes.

I'm back home for summer, so I might go down to Bradwell and see what i can learn there, but theres no gurantee that there will be someone to help,

So, if theres any bands in York (i'm guessing junior bands) who want to help me learn to play drums to a brass band (instead of guitars :p) next september, then please let me know.

You could reply to the thread, but no guarantee i'll get it anytime soon, so it's best to mail me at:

olie_ysj@hotmail.com

any help full stop would be appreciated

Thanks guys! :)

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    @hotmail.com
    York
    brass band sense
    stop
    rocky sense
  3. 2nd man down

2nd man down Moderator Staff Member

Good luck in your quest...bummer about the username huh!? :redface:

4. Cornishwomble

Cornishwomble Active Member

Mind you it fits with him coming from Milton Keynes, they have a Wannabe football team :wink:

5. Straightmute

Straightmute Active Member

Try the York Railway Institute bands. They have two bands, one of which is geared towards less experienced players. If you want contact details there's a poster in the Music block at YSJ, or talk to me when I get back to College after my sabbatical!

D

6. yorkie19

yorkie19 Active Member

There's also 3 bands that the Shepherd Building Group run (from the Senior Band through the B band to the Junior Band).

If you're interested, drop me a PM and I'll dig out the contact details for the lady who conducts both the B band and the Junior Band (Audrey Brown).