Bands in South London

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by lynchie, Sep 9, 2008.

1. lynchie

lynchie Active Member

Are there any?

I'm moving to Battersea after the national finals and would quite like to find a band to play with. Any recommendations gratefully accepted.

2. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Re: Fulham Brass Band

Hi, Fulham Brass Band are a sociable, friendly and ambitious band based in Parsons Green, Fulham. We are a contesting band and currently registered at 3rd section level, but we are playing to a good 2nd section level and intend to continue this development.

We practice in the British Legion Club 2 mins walk from Parsons Green Tube station and are well served by bus routes also. Please see our website for more information:

www.fulhambrassband.co.uk

Our own 1st trombone player is actually taking a break from the band from next week whilst she goes on a work placement in India and is expected to return to the band next January.

We rehearse on Thursday evenings from 7.30-10.00. You would be welcome to come up for a blow. Please contact me on simon@brassbander.com or 07796530718 if you would like to discuss further.

Simon Jones
    Musical Director
    Fulham Brass Band

3. Aardvark

Aardvark Member

A bit further afield, but, you are welcome to come down to Brighton & Hove City Brass for a blow.

Me and MRSH (MD) travel down from Croydon for rehearsal on a Monday night so lifts to and from East Croydon could easily be sorted (only a short train ride from Battersea to East Croydon).

We're up against you at the finals and promoted to 2nd section Nationally from Jan and also winning prizes regularly in the 1st section locally. And as an added benefit we have an ex- Uni of Warwick band member in the band :cool:.

PM me or MRSH if you want further info.

If we're too far then you could try Crystal Palace band who are 2nd section Nationally from next year. They're a good bunch (I used to be a member of CPB) - if you want contact details let me know.

Good luck

Elspeth

4. dlkeir

dlkeir New Member

Hi there, Northfleetbrass is about 10 miles from there, situated in Bexley Da5 1aa, rehearsing on a thurs eve 8-10, always an open rehearsal for anyone wishing to come and have a blow. band room is also situated opposite the train station, which is approx 25 mins from London bridge, contact us via the band email, northfleetbrassband@hotmail.co.uk for any more information

regards
    Darren Keir
    Chairman

5. Accidental

Accidental Supporting Member

How mobile are you, and what standad are you looking for? There's loads of bands inside and just outside the M25 to choose from. Have a look at the LSC and SCABA member lists, you can spend an hour or three following all the links!

If you're after local and sociable, Fulham would be a very good place to start :tup

6. Bass Trumpet

Bass Trumpet Active Member

Recommend Crystal Palace. Top notch bunch of people and very relaxed atmosphere. Probably about the nearest for you, too.