Bands in Sheffield?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Matt_Bown, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Matt_Bown

Matt_Bown New Member

I'll be coming back to Sheffield at the end of this week/early next week. I haven't played for five months, but would like to get back into banding, and was wondering if anybody knew of any vacancies in the Sheffield area. I play Bass Trom, but would play 2nd if needed, as I am able to read both treble and bass clef. I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd section bands, after my last band I know that I am not good enough for the championship section, nor do I have the time to commit to that level of competition, due to my law studies at Sheffield uni. I live near the supertram line, so that would be ok for travel, but I don't drive, so that may pose a problem.

If you may be able to help either post on here, or email me please at matt_bown@hotmail.co.uk.

Thanks,

Matt

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

3. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Hey Matt,

You're always welcome down at Stannington even if it's just for a blow (steady!!) on either instrument!

You could even bring any other brass buddies along if you wish. We are a friendly and welcoming bunch with a fantatsic Xmas programme just round the corner (you haven't lived til you've done a Xmas with us!!)

We are dead easy to reach being at the end of the supertram route (Malin Bridge) and have a cheap bar where we practise :p People drive from all over - so lifts should not pose too much of a problem either.

PM: me, squirrel, cookie2, StanningtonBrassBand or contact us via www.stanningtonbrassband.org.uk

Hope to see you soon!!