Bands in Sheffield?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Matt_Bown, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Matt_Bown

Matt_Bown New Member

I'll be coming back to Sheffield at the end of this week/early next week. I haven't played for five months, but would like to get back into banding, and was wondering if anybody knew of any vacancies in the Sheffield area. I play Bass Trom, but would play 2nd if needed, as I am able to read both treble and bass clef. I'm looking for 2nd and 3rd section bands, after my last band I know that I am not good enough for the championship section, nor do I have the time to commit to that level of competition, due to my law studies at Sheffield uni. I live near the supertram line, so that would be ok for travel, but I don't drive, so that may pose a problem.

If you may be able to help either post on here, or email me please at

2. bassmittens

bassmittens Member

Hey Matt,

You're always welcome down at Stannington even if it's just for a blow (steady!!) on either instrument!

You could even bring any other brass buddies along if you wish. We are a friendly and welcoming bunch with a fantatsic Xmas programme just round the corner (you haven't lived til you've done a Xmas with us!!)

We are dead easy to reach being at the end of the supertram route (Malin Bridge) and have a cheap bar where we practise :p People drive from all over - so lifts should not pose too much of a problem either.

PM: me, squirrel, cookie2, StanningtonBrassBand or contact us via

Hope to see you soon!!