Bands in Portsmouth

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Chat' started by stabbyjnr, Jan 9, 2008.

1. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

Hi, i'm a cornet player looking for bands in portsmouth, just wonderin if anyone knew of any, i played with a 4th section band at home, now i'm at uni maybe a 3rd section band or low 2nd section ??
    cheers
    sarah
    x

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Portsmouth Hi
    sarah x
    Portsmouth
    section band
    Bands
  3. Mesmerist

Mesmerist Well-Known Member

hello sarah
    We live just outside Portsmouth and travel to Verwood mondays and thursdays. 3 players also travel from portsmouth to Verwood. Verwood is ambitious 3rd section. Hyde is Championship and also have players traveling from Portsmouth area as do Otterbourne (1st) and Ocean(2nd). There is a new band called Spinnaker Brass (I think) and Gosport silver (4th section). Not forgetting Woodfalls Concert (1st) as I believe their conductor also lives this way and they are a good band.
    If you have a car there is Denmead which is 3rd and very friendly. Hope this helps and if you need any more details you can send me a private message and I`ll send you some phone numbers XX

4. bigmamabadger

bigmamabadger Active Member

Nooooo! Don't do it! She's madder than a bucket of weasels and talks so much Cheshire is full of legless donkeys.:p

(Kidding Sar, luv ya really, good to see yer keeping up with the banding. I expect you to be up to front row standard when you come back in the summer hols...xx)
    BMB
    xx

5. Mesmerist

she`ll be in good company with Verwood then. There`s one or two of us who are fairly similar...

6. bigmamabadger

Oh dear...
    BMB
    xx

7. Mesmerist

please come for a blow BMB if you ever venture this way

8. Robhibberd29

Robhibberd29 Active Member

If you do BMB please post on my "how far to rehearse" thread and tell us all about it! :)

9. BRASSBANDGIRL

BRASSBANDGIRL Member

Hi Sarah
    I am member of Portsmouth city band we always welcome students from the uni and have 2 playing with us at the moment. Even though we do not contest we have a great time.

10. stabbyjnr

stabbyjnr Member

yeh i wanted to contest, what time do u reherse mondays and thursdays and would someone be able to take me there and bring me back i live in portsmout h city center, i don't really know portsmouth that well i'm a fresher at the uni, and do you have any positions avalible? cheers sarah x

11. bigmamabadger

Sure will
    BMB
    xx

12. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    Portsmouth Hi
    sarah x
    Portsmouth
    section band
    Bands
  13. BRASSBANDGIRL

BRASSBANDGIRL Member

we reherse 8 - 9.30pm, and our bandroom is in Hambrook street which is no more than 5 mins walk from the students union. We need cornets on any part you would fell happy on.
    Wendy

Last edited: Jan 10, 2008
  14. Mesmerist

I have pm`d you some phone numbers if you need more details feel free to make contact. Up to you all the bands are nice people around here