Bands in / near Leicester

Discussion in 'Deputies Available' started by persins, Jun 12, 2007.

1. persins

persins Member

All,

I am working in Leicester for this week (until Thursday) and potentially next week too and was wondering if there are any bands around that I could join for a rehearsal.

I play cornet for SWT Woodfalls in the West of England Chanmpionship section but am not too bothered about the band's grading!

I'd just like to keep my lip in without annoying everyone around me in the hotel!!

Cheers,

Simon

2. Bones

Bones Member

Whereabouts Leicester is a big catchment area.

Assuming you are in the City Centre, bands such as Enderby (General Enquiries – Dave Stanley 0116 2866103 or Elaine Cooke 0116 2774422)
    and Wigston (0116 2862011) come to mind.

Note to Mods. All contat details came fromt he bands websites and therefore are in the public domain already.

Thanks

Rich

3. persins

persins Member

Well, I'm working in Aylestone Road and staying in the Hilton just by Junct 21 of the M1. I would not be looking at travelling a great distance since the amount of work required on the project is forcing me into extended hours!

4. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Wigston's bandroom is about 10-15 minutes drive from M1 junction 21. Or there is also Enderby (1st section currently, champ next year) which is probably slightly nearer (say 10 minutes tops from your hotel). Both are easy to get to from where you're stopping.

We (Wigston) rehearse on Tuesday and Thursday and Enderby are Tuesday and Friday. PM me and I'll give you directions.

Hilton is a nice hotel too BTW - virtually brand new (it was finished about 6 months ago).

5. WoodenFlugel

WoodenFlugel Moderator Staff Member

Oh I forgot two others - Croft Silver which is a couple of miles past Enderby along the same road (virtually) - (Enderby band practice in Huncote and Croft practice in - well - Croft!)

Also there is the Foresters - sorry Foresters Brass 2000 who practice in Leicester itself.

Hope this gives you a few to go at!! As I say PM me and I'll give you directions for the ones you fancy.

6. imthemaddude

imthemaddude Active Member

Or leicester co-op that rehearse right next to the M1! I'm sure you would be welcome tonight or next Tuesday and Thursday.

7. ROBTHEDOG

ROBTHEDOG Member

Not too far away Derwent Brass
    Thursday Eve 8.00 rehearse in Belper just North of Derby !!

Give me ring if you facy it 07973 116653