Bands in Manchester?

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by samaynsley, Mar 11, 2010.

1. samaynsley

samaynsley New Member

Hey all,

Am soon moving to Manchester, and will be looking for a band to join in mid/end June. Would consider a band from champ to non-contesting on Euph/Baritone/Percussion, or a lower section to non-contesting band on Trombone. Preferably a band as close to the centre of Manchester as possible, that enjoys a drink or two!

Any interested parties: hit me back with your contact details, and I'll get in touch on arrival.

Cheers.

2. BIG Paul

BIG Paul Member

pm sent

3. paulspud

paulspud Member

Also sent you a pm!

4. dlls2275

dlls2275 New Member

PM sent

5. samaynsley

samaynsley New Member

Thanks for the PMs I've received in the last few days - seems I have plenty of choice!

Will get in touch with everyone just before my arrival in Manchester.

6. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Hi there,
    If your looking for a really friendly band with great social side to it (band pays for at least one social event every quarter - big fancy dress do end of march) check our website. www.stockportsilver.co.uk for more info. You will be pleased you did. Steve

7. Mode For....

Mode For.... Member

I met the ladies and gents at Stockport last night and they are a fantastic team who play in a band for all the right reasons - to make music to their best ability and have a great time together. They work hard and play even harder and I would recommend anyone in the area or beyond to go along for a blow.

8. eupho1

eupho1 Member

Thanks Tabby, It was great to have you there too, and that was endorsed by the whole band !!!!. Had a fantastic night under your baton and leadership, hope to see you again. Thanks for your kind comments.

Steve

9. Mode For....

Mode For.... Member

thanks Steve!

10. drummerdave

drummerdave Member

Hi there Vernon Building Society Poynton Band are on the look out for an additional percussionist.
    We are a friendy bunch will our own bandroom in Poynton .Give me a shout if you want to come for a bash!!!!!!
    Cheers.

www.poyntonband.co.uk

11. theMouthPiece Visitor Guide

Find more discussions like this one
    Manchester
    arrival.Cheers
    Percussion
    Euph
    Trombone
  12. Perc-guy

Perc-guy Member

Blackley Band, north manchester, would welcome you with open arms, we are only a 10-15 minute bus ride away from the city centre, definately the closest contesting band to the centre.

Feel free to get in touch and come down for a blow

blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk