bands in manchester

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by th2_custard, Aug 30, 2009.

1. th2_custard

th2_custard New Member

I am starting manchester university at the end of september and wondered if there were any bands around the university area which i would be able to play in. I play the tenor horn and currently play in a 3rd section band, soon to be promoted into second section.

Kirsty

2. theMouthPiece Related Searches

Find more discussions like this one
    manchester
    section
    bands
    manchester university
    university area
  3. Anno Draconis

Anno Draconis Well-Known Member

Assuming that you would need to rely on public transport, it would be feasible to get to Blackley, Denton, Flixton, Middleton (at a push) or Eccles by bus or tram - there are more that would be feasible by car. Couldn't tell you if any of them need a horn player though.

4. Eb_Alex

Eb_Alex Member

Blackley Band currently have a full horn section, however we would never turn somebody away if they wanted a blow, if you need to keep your lip in or just fancy a change feel free to come along to a rehearsal, we rehearse Mondays and Thursdays between 8 and 10.

I am sure we could sort out some sort of lift as well if required.

PM me or email blackleyband@hotmail.co.uk if you fancy it. I will keep my ears open for anyone looking aswell.

Alex

5. Simon_Horn

Simon_Horn Member

Tyldesley Brass Band are 2nd/1st section band and have players that travel from Salford I think. Check them on 'tinternet

6. Hi Kirsty,

Eccles Borough Band are within easy travelling distance from Manchester Centre, we also have a few players that already travel from that direction so transport may be able to be organised.

We will have a horn vacancy after the National Finals in 2 weeks due to a player moving on.

We will be third section from January 2010 after a very successful 2009 with wins at Butlins and the North West Regionals.

Please feel free to get in touch

7. th2_custard

th2_custard New Member

thanks for the replies :)

8. ericthered

ericthered Member

Try the Timperley Band (www.timperleyband.com) based in Timperley south Manchester. A few miles from the University. Nice people, good standard.
    :)

9. 08cbinns

08cbinns Member

If your looking for a blow, Stalybridge Old Band would happily let you play :) 3rd section, good band and great laugh, the oldest brass band in the world. MD is John Binns.
    pm me back if your interested,
    cheers Chris,