Bands in Liverpool.

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by Hells Bones, Aug 22, 2009.

1. Hells Bones

Hells Bones Active Member

Howdy Ladles and Jellyspoons.

A friend of mine is going to Liverpool Uni and might consider joining a band whilst there.

She plays cornet but only has youth band experience.

She would be fine in the top end of the 2nd section and below though.

PM me if you would like me to put her in touch with you.

HB

2. Liverpool itself doent have any bands, but she could try Parr, Haydock, Formby, Rainford, Skem or Greenalls. I think they're all similar distances from Liverpool and Wire (I forgot them Sorry!)

3. paulspud

paulspud Member

What about Old Hall Brass?

How about Old Hall Brass? www.oldhallbrass.co.uk based at Roby Mill, Nr Wigan. Lifts could always be arranged if necessary..

Paul

4. richie rich

richie rich New Member

hi SKELMERSDALE PRIZE BAND looking for cornet player.We are just off the m58 thirty mins from Liverpool dead easy

5. coldrum

coldrum New Member

Frodsham Silver Band?

Your friend could try Frodsham Silver Band. Approx 30 mins from Liverpool (through Widnes & Runcorn). Our solo cornet player also attends Liverpool Uni, and another 2 players travel from the 'pool.

Really friendly 4th section band, with players of all ages (8 to 80!) & abilities. Nearly half of the players are under 21, and 60% are female. More a concert band than contesting (but do the whit marches at Saddleworth), with the accent on entertaining, playing a wide variety of music.

Rehearsals are Monday & Tuesday evening, and are enjoyable, non pressurised evenings.

If you need any more info, PM me, or have a look at the band website: http://fsb.dnsalias.com

There is also a brass & woodwind band based in Frodsham, who were originally formed in 1967 as the Liverpool Youth Band (alas, youth no more!!!). They are looking for new members to rejuvinate the band. Same MD & friendly outlook, rehearsing every Thursday evening.