Bands in Huddersfield Area

Discussion in 'Recruitment Corner' started by blue juice, Apr 5, 2010.

1. blue juice

blue juice Member

I'm going to Huddersfield University in September and looking for a band to join. I currently play Soprano for Harrogate Band (1st section). Ideally looking to carry on playing sop but would consider playing Bb as well. Not really sure what bands are where in the huddersfield area so if you have a vacancy in any section send me a pm.
  2. Malcolm Dibb

Malcolm Dibb New Member

that was quick only talking about it 10 minutes ago.
  3. YRBBC

YRBBC Member

Look here Click on the For Bands tab, then map of bands. All bands competing in Yorkshire Championships are shown and there is a link to their details.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited: Apr 5, 2010
  4. samandy

samandy Member

Elland Band

Hi there

Elland Band are not far from Huddersfield - 20 min bus ride from town centre. We have a couple of students from the uni playing with the band this year, and always welcome players from the uni. We can also usually arrange transport from the uni if needed.

Jim Shepherd is currently our MD and we rehearse Mondays and Thursdays.

We don't have a vacancy on sop, but I know we will most likely have cornet vacancies as like you a couple of our players will be going to uni.

If you want to take down my number its 07940 525837. Just give me a call nearer the time if you're interested.

Sam Harrison

BRIAN KEECH Member

Try the Yorkshire Co-op band, many students from Huddersfield University all ready play for them.
  6. PM sent, hope to hear from you soon
  7. Tubah

Tubah Member

....and a fine bunch they are too. Trip to Holland in June if you're quick enough.

8. nickeastwood

nickeastwood New Member

sent you a PM
  9. euph1991

euph1991 Member

I can vouch for co-op! I'm in my first year at huddersfield and I'm the solo euph at co-op, send me a pm if you wanna find out a bit more about the band

FATNBALD Member

Hi Mate Grange Moor are looking for a second man down, 1st section 2011.