Bands in France

Discussion in 'The Rehearsal Room' started by Rambo Chick, May 30, 2006.

1. Rambo Chick

Rambo Chick Member

I will be going to live in France for a bit and I want to maintain my playing. Does anyone know of any bands that are over there. I will be living in/around Grenoble. I currently play for a first section band in Yorkshire so a similar standard would be preferable but obviously they're not band-nuts like we are over here, so I know this might be difficult! But any info would be great.:rolleyes:
  2. Jan H

Jan H Moderator Staff Member

Isn't Grenoble close to Switzerland? There are plenty of bands over there!
    I might be a couple 100s of kilometers off though ;-)

Brass bands will be diffivult to find in France I think, you're probably better off looking for a wind orchestra. In French it's called an "orchestre d'harmonie". Good luck googling ;-)
  3. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

I'm going to miss you!

You could always start up your own band, learn to speak more French that way! I'll check with Billy's Dad, sure there are a few about, but mostly smaller groups that play at villages fetes. However they spend more time eating and drinking then you might be onto a good thing!
  4. Bungle

Bungle Member

The IBEW has a list of bands with websites in France along with overseas bands here
  5. brass journo

brass journo Member

she'll only be happy if she gets given a 7 month supply of Bourneville though!!!
  6. VenusTromster

VenusTromster Member

But at least there will be plenty of new cakes to try!!!